Scholarships for New Freshmen
Scholarships Through the UTA Scholarship Office
UTA's Scholarship Office offers several general academic scholarships (awards from $1,000-$10,000) for new freshmen. In addition, the College of Engineering offers scholarships, funded from the following endowed scholarships, to outstanding new freshmen.
- Bettye M. Rady Endowed Scholarship
- Jack R. Woolf Endowed Scholarship
- North American Foundation Endowed Scholarship
- Karan Harbison Endowed Scholarship
- Bell Helicopter Endowed Scholarship for Engineering
- Stephen A. Underwood Endowed Scholarship
No separate scholarship application is required for these general University and College academic scholarships. Your application for admission serves as your scholarship application if received prior to the scholarship deadline.
Some scholarships may be available that accept direct general applications. If so, you must complete the general application within Mav ScholarShop. Others, such as those awarded by departments within the College of Engineering or other organizations on campus, are selected through different processes.
FIRST Scholarship for Freshmen
- To be eligible for this $3,000 yearly scholarship, freshmen engineering students
- Requires an application, essay, and recommendation letters
- Renewed annually for up to 4 years at a total of $12,000 if eligibility is maintained.
- Funded by a named endowment in the College.