Skip to content

Apply for Aid

Selective Service Registration

Most male students must be registered with Selective Service to receive federal student aid, including grants, loans, and work-study funding.

If you are a male who is at least 18 years old and have not reached your 26th birthday, you must register for selective service. You can register:

  • Online at; or
  • When you complete your FAFSA (Check the "Register Me" box on the FAFSA to register)

If you are a permanent legal resident, you must also register with Selective Service unless you entered the United States after your 26th birthday. 

If you entered the U.S. for the first time after your 26th birthday, you must submit to the UTA Office of Financial Aid:

  • A Status Information Letter from the Selective Service System; or
  • A signed statement detailing when you first entered the U.S. and proof of your immigration date. Acceptable documentation includes:
    • Entry date stamp on the I-94 form or in the passport
    • A letter from the USCIS indicating the entry date