Dissertation Writing Resources
Take a look at these resources that are designed to help you with writing your dissertation.Dissertation Fellowship
- This semester-long fellowship provides funding for doctoral students to focus exclusively on completing their dissertations.
- This two-day event provides support and guidance to navigate through common roadblocks in dissertation writing.
- A series of online workshops to help you maximize your writing productivity and overcome challenges.
- A curated series of online tutorials from Lynda.com that help with common questions related to citations, grammar, editing and writing.
- The books and websites listed on this page can help you successfully navigate the thesis/dissertation writing process.
Not sure about the changes to the thesis/dissertation format? Want to learn quick tips on how to format different parts of your dissertation?
- The UT Arlington Writing Center offers workshops and individual consultations for graduate students seeking assistance with all levels of academic writing, including the thesis/dissertation.
Keeping a schedule is a very important part of completing your dissertation. The Writing Group Grant encourages you to create a writing group to keep yourself on schedule to graduate.
Outside Copy Editing Services
- The University of Texas at Austin's Writing Center offers guidance on hiring a freelance copy editor, as well as a list of freelance copy editors who offer academic copy editing services.
- Please note: The copy editors listed in the link below are not affiliated with UT Arlington, and we are not endorsing them by including their contact information.
- Click here to access the list of outside copy editors.