Writing Group Grant
Having a hard time finishing your thesis or dissertation? Looking for feedback on your writing style or content? Forming a writing group is a great way to help overcome writing challenges. If you decide to start your own writing group, you can apply for a Writing Group Grant.
|Writing Group Grant Workshop||Jan. 27, 4-5pm, Online|
Program Description and Requirements
The Office of Graduate Studies is offering $200 Writing Group Grants for the Spring 2020 semester. Currently enrolled graduate students are eligible to apply for the grant. The deadline for Spring 2020 proposals is Wednesday, February 5, 2020 at 11:59 p.m. The proposal must address the following questions:
- Who are the members of your group?
- How often will you meet?
- Where will you meet?
- What rules do you think are important to the productivity of your specific group?
- Why do you want to do this?
You must fill out all boxes on the electronic application in order to be considered for the grant. Students who are receiving need based financial aid should find out if they are eligibile for this grant prior to submitting an application. Preference will be given to graduate students who are in the final stages of their graduate work.
The grant is awarded for one semester. If you are awarded the grant, you must meet the following requirements:
- Have your writing group complete a pre and post assessment survey
- Submit a brief monthly report
- Have your group submit informational data
- Meet with the Office of Graduate Studies once a month
This workshop will cover the best practices for writing groups and offer tips for crafting a successful Writing Group Grant proposal.
This event has already occurred.