Online Career Resources
An online resource to help humanities, social science, and STEM PhD's identify, prepare for, and succeed in non-academic careers.
Once you reach Versatile PhD, you'll find:
- Options 4 Success, a new career exploration course featuring self-paced audio and video lessons.
- A jobs board curated specifically for graduate students and postdoctoral scholars.
- Authentic resumes and cover letters that got PhDs their first jobs away from the faculty track.
- First-person accounts from PhD's who have transitioned to a non-academic career and a detailed analysis of the application and hiring process step by step.
- Detailed inside information on a wide range of specific PhD‐friendly careers provided by PhDs in those careers, along with their answers to graduate student questions.
- Opportunities to connect with others via online forums and in-person group meetings.
How to Access Versatile PhD's Premium Content:
Graduate students and faculty at UT Arlington have free access to premium resources provided through the University's subscription to Versatile PhD. In order to get the premium content, you must first authenticate yourself through the Office of Graduate Studies website as a University of Texas-Arlington affiliate.
After successfully authenticating yourself with your NetID and password, you'll be taken to the the Versatile PhD login page. Create a VPhD member account if it's your first time. If you already have an account, sign in as usual.
Worried that someone might find out you visited Versatile PhD? There is complete confidentiality on the site. That means nothing you write on the site will ever show up on the internet. Plus you can select your own user name, which means you can choose the level of anonymity that you want.
Click on The Versatile PhD User Guide to learn more about how to use this online resource.