Student Health Advisory Committee
The Student Health Advisory Committee (SHAC) is composed of students who act as a liaison between Health Services administrators and the UT Arlington student body concerning health care issues. The committee provides feedback on health-related issues and policies from a student perspective and conducts special events throughout the academic year to promote health awareness.
- To expand awareness of the medical services available at the Health Center for all UT Arlington students and staff
- To interact with UT Arlington health care administrators regarding student response related to Health Services
- To assist in the physical and mental wellbeing of our fellow students through informative events
- To perform community service activities
- Spa Retreat (Fall)
- Activities Fair (Fall and Spring)
- Health Fair (Spring)
Benefits of Joining
- Gain unique experience (marketing, advertising, recruiting, event planning, presenting, etc.)
- Earn volunteer hours
- Meet new people
- Make a difference
- And have fun!
SHAC meets the first Wednesday of each month during the Fall and Spring terms with health care administrators and physicians of UT Arlington Health Services to discuss issues and events. This committee is open to students of all majors, not just health care.
SHAC gives students a unique opportunity to work closely with professionals in the health care industry and be a part of something that benefits the entire UT Arlington community. Fill out an application to join today! If you would like more information about SHAC or wish to join, just call 817-272-2771.