Honors College General Scholarships for Current Honors Students:
All currently enrolled Honors College students who are in good standing and making progress toward their Honors degrees are eligible to apply for general scholarships. Applications are available online through Mav ScholarShop, a one-stop scholarship shop for UTA students. Use your NetID and password to log in. Honors students will be prompted to complete the Honors College Conditional Application, a single form that considers applicants for ALL of the following general scholarships (click on the name of each scholarship to view its description):
- Honors Presidential Scholarship
- Carolyn A. Barros Founding Dean Scholarship
- Honors College General Scholarship
- Charles R. Knerr Scholarship
- Nancy C. Sommerman Scholarship
- Kay Jones Nursing Scholarship
- Dan Dipert Nursing Scholarship
The Conditional Application requires a résumé, personal statement, and ONE letter of recommendation from a UTA faculty member.
The following Honors College scholarships are NOT included in the Conditional Application, and instead, require the submission of separate applications. These applications can also be found in Mav ScholarShop:
- Stuckler Family Endowed Scholarship
- Luther Wayne Odom Scholarship for Political Science Students
- Dana Dunn Scholarship for Service Learning (Deadline: May 1, 2020)
- Alan and Bonnie Petsche Award for Honors Study Abroad (Deadline: April 15, 2020)
Graduate School Fellowships:
- G. Irene and Fernando G. Torgerson Graduate Studies Advancement Fund (Also known as the Honors Bridge to Graduate School Fellowship)
- University Scholars Endowment
Incoming Freshman Scholarship:
Honors College Theme Housing Scholarship
The Honors College will award a limited number of scholarships to incoming first-year Honors students who wish to participate in the Honors College Theme Housing in Vandergriff Hall during the 2020-2021 academic year.
Awardees will receive $1650 for the academic year, which will reduce the cost of a space in Vandergriff Hall to the rate of a space in Trinity House or Lipscomb Hall. This scholarship is for one year only; it is NOT renewable.
Scholarship applicants must meet the following criteria:
1) be an incoming first-year student beginning coursework at UT Arlington (UTA) in Fall 2020;
2) be enrolled in a minimum of 12 credit hours each semester (Fall 2020 and Spring 2021);
3) be admitted to the Honors College for Fall 2020 (or have submitted an application);
4) personal and/or family finances are insufficient to pay tuition and other costs of attending UTA.
*Note: The scholarship award is contingent upon admission to the UTA Honors College. Applicants who are not admitted the Honors College will not be eligible to receive the scholarship.
To learn more about Honors College Theme Housing, go to https://www.uta.edu/honors/prospective/theme-housing.php.
You can apply for the Honors College Theme Housing Scholarship here. The deadline to apply is 11:59 PM CST on April 30, 2020.
- AP Institute Future Teachers Scholarship
This scholarship is open to all Honors and non-Honors students at the junior or senior level who have a clear desire to teach middle school or high school.
- Undergraduate Research Fellowships (through the Undergraduate Research Opportunity Program)
Deadline for Summer 2020: to be determined
- Honors College Early Completion Scholarship
Earn $500 for completing your Honors requirements early! To encourage more students to finish their Honors requirements before their final undergraduate semester, the Honors College is pleased to announce the Honors College Early Completion Scholarship. Students graduating in Fall 2020 or Spring 2021 who plan to complete their Senior Project and Honors hours in Spring 2020 may apply for this $500 award.
Download the application
Unless otherwise noted, the deadline for 2020-2021 applications is Friday, February 14, 2020. All application materials, including recommendations, must be submitted by this date for consideration. Applicants who do not meet the criteria will not be considered. If you have questions about Honors College scholarships, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call (817) 272-7215.