Skip to main content

International Employees


The International Employment Coordinator works with UT Arlington departments and colleges to serve the many scholars and employees from abroad who visit our campus in order to lecture, teach, conduct research, and perform other work activities. The International Employment Coordinator is responsible for the processing of UT Arlington's H-1B temporary nonimmigrant worker visas and the University's sponsorship of foreign national employees for permanent resident status.

UT Arlington departments and colleges are encouraged to contact the International Employment Coordinator with questions or concerns. Current UT Arlington employees are also encouraged to contact the International Employment Coordinator with questions or concerns regarding their current nonimmigrant/immigrant status. However, the International Employment Coordinator will not discuss permanent residency sponsorship with current employees until the Specialist has been formally requested to initiate the sponsorship process by the department or college.

The information on these pages has been prepared for the use of The University of Texas at Arlington's employees, international scholars, and the departments that employ them, and is for general information only. It does NOT constitute legal advice. Legal advice on immigration matters should only be given during direct consultation with a licensed attorney who is familiar with all of the specific facts of an individual's circumstances. The International Employment Coordinator does not provide legal advice. Also note that immigration laws are constantly changing and may have changed since this information was compiled.

Contact Information

Katherine A Jones
International Employment Coordinator
1225 W. Mitchell, Room 101
Arlington, TX 76019
(817) 272-2106 - By Appointment Only
Office hours Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.                                                                                     

Please note that only a few University Administrators are granted specific authority by the President to sign immigration documents, such as H1B and permanent residency petitions, on behalf of UT Arlington. Therefore, Department Directors, Chairs, and Deans DO NOT have the authority to sign such documents and should not do so upon the request of a foreign national. Questions about this should be directed to the International Coordinator for Employment. Immigration documents not signed by the proper University Administrators will be immediately and formally withdrawn by UT Arlington and the University will notify the relevant federal agencies that it was not aware of and did not sanction the initial filing of the paperwork.



Legal Permanent Residency

International Visiting Scholars

More Information for International Employees

Office of International Education