- MAE Dissertation & Thesis Defense Calendar
- 3D PAC 2020
- Senior Design Presentations
- Brown Bag Seminars
- Graduate Seminar Series
MAE Dissertation and Thesis Defense Calendar -
Time & Location
|Wednesday, September 18||Fuad Hassan||2:00 p.m.
Woolf Hall 413
|Tuesday, September 24||Jeffrey Dean||9:00 a.m.
Woolf Hall 200
|Friday, November 8||9:00 a.m.
Woolf Hall 413
Past Dissertations and Theses
CLICK HERE to view the database for Dissertations & Theses from the UTA Department of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering.
CLICK HERE to view the database for Dissertations & Theses from UTA.
CLICK HERE to view the global database for Dissertations & Theses from institutions in North American and Europe.
4th Annual 3D Printed Aircraft Competition
UTA will host its 4th Annual 3D Printed Aircraft Competition July 11, 2020 at Maverick Stadium in Arlington, Texas. As 3D printing technologies have expanded the design space for many applications, the challenge of leveraging this design freedom for improved performance while satisfying fabrication process constraints has likewise increased. This competition challenges students to
• Integrate design and advanced manufacturing to maximize mission performance
• Design within 3D printing process and material constraints
• Develop lightweight, manufacturable airframe configurations
• Leverage direct digital manufacturing technologies
• Develop team and hands-on design experience
Registration deadline: January 31, 2020
Design Submission deadline: May 31, 2020
Aircraft check-in date: July 10, 2020 by 4:00 pm
Fly-off date: July 11, 2020
Fly-off location: UTA Football Stadium
Thanks to our generous sponsors for making this event possible:
2019 Senior Design Presentations
The Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering Department Senior Design teams make their project presentations including innovative work in areas as diverse as automated aquaponics, battle robots, and composite pressure cylinders.
Brown Bag Seminars:
Every Wed. noon-1:00 pm, Woolf Hall room 402
Date, Speaker, Title, Advisor
TBD - Fall schedule coming soon
Graduate Seminar Series:
Every Friday 2:00-2:50 pm, Woolf Hall room 402
Aug. 30, Andrey Beyle (UTA, MAE)
Sept. 6, Scott Palmer (UTA, History)
Sept. 13, Ankit Srivastava (Texas A&M)
Sept. 20, Liwei Zhang (UTA, MAE)
Sept. 27, Yingtao Liu (University of Oklahoma)
Oct. 4, Kevin Cole (University of Nebraska-Lincoln)
Oct. 11, Zhenpeng Qin (University of Texas at Dallas)
Oct. 18, Margee Herring (Lockheed Martin)
Oct. 25, Nahum Melamed (Aerospace Corporation)
Nov. 1, Linda Wang (UTA, MAE)
Nov. 8, Jose Lage (Southern Methodist University)
Nov. 15, John Stenbrenner (Pointwise, Inc.)
Nov. 22, Vikas Varshney (Air Force Research Labs)
Nov. 29. NO SEMINAR - Thanksgiving Holiday
AHS Student Chapter
The AHS International UT Arlington Chapter belongs to the premier professional organization for Vertical Lift Technology. This includes military and civilian helicopters, tilt-rotors, tilt-wings, VTOL aircraft, and UAV's.
The chapter at UT Arlington is the oldest in the nation, initiated in 1967. It was re-initiated in 2016 by Amber Zuehl, and since then has toured Bell Helicopter, had professional speakers, volunteered at STEM outreach events, and had members attend forums. Members have gained knowledge in this field of engineering, and have had several opportunities to highlight their college career with volunteering and networking outside of pure academics.
There are no dues required; members of AHS are automatically members of the UTA Chapter once they contact the recruitment officer.
For more information, contact: Leonardo Piñero, Chapter President: firstname.lastname@example.org or Ikenna Okoye, Chapter Recruiter: email@example.com
To learn more about the AHS: https://vtol.org/
Aero Mavericks Weekly Meetings
- The Rocketry Division meets on Mondays at noon in Woolf Hall 308
- The Fixed Wing Division meets on Wednesdays at noon in Woolf Hall 208
- The Research Division meets on Fridays at 5 pm in Woolf Hall 210
Contact AeroMavs President Vicente Zierk firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information.
- For additional information, contact email@example.com
- For additional information, contact AIAA President Ian Raybon: firstname.lastname@example.org
Every Wed. 7:00 pm, Woolf Hall room 100
- Weekly Meetings, interested students are welcome to attend
Weekly Meetings, Woolf Hall room 200 or 410
- Controls/Visions Systems, Wednesdays: 5:00-5:30 pm
- Drive/Suspension, Wednesdays and Thursdays: 2:00-3:00 pm
- Arm and Gripper, Mondays: 12:00 noon-1:00 pm
- Proof of Life Sample Return, Tuesdays and Wednesdays: 11:00-12:30 pm
For additional information, contact email@example.com