Rules and FAQs
- No food or drink in the lab.
- No tobacco use. UTA is a tobacco-free campus. Please reference UTA's tobacco use policy for more information.
- Please enter the LRC Computer Lab through one of the corner doors and then leave through one of the centrally located doors at the back of the lab.
- Students must swipe their MavID at the TutorTrac kiosk and follow the on-screen directions upon both entering and exiting. If you do not swipe in or out, your visit for that day may not be recorded.
- Lab participation is required, and students are only allowed to work on their respective course material while in the lab. Any violation of this rule will result in a student being asked to leave the lab, and an absence will be recorded for that day.
- Personal computing devices (i.e. laptops, tablets, etc) are not allowed in the lab. Students must work on the designated computers in the Emporium.
- Please keep all phones on silent while in the lab. If you must take a quick phone call, please step out in the hallway. Any phone call lasting longer than 5 minutes will result in your being logged out of the LRC Computer Lab.
- It is strongly recommended that you bring your MyNotes workbook with you to the lab.
- The lab time gives students opportunities to obtain one-on-one tutoring and guidance for homework and quizzes. Please use this time wisely.
Q: How long do I have to be in the Math LRC Computer Lab?
A: Please check your course syllabus for the lab attendance policy.
Q: I need more tutoring. What other resources are offered?
A: Other academic support services offered by the university include the Math Clinic, University Tutorial & Supplemental Instruction (UTSI), and TRiO-Student Support Services.
Q: What calculators are allowed in the Math LRC Computer Lab?
A: Check the specific course page or course syllabus for further details.