Rules and FAQs
- No food. Only water in a closed container is acceptable.
- No tobacco use. UTA is a tobacco-free campus. Please reference UTA's tobacco use policy for more information.
- Please enter the LRC Computer Lab through one of the corner doors and then leave through one of the centrally located doors at the back of the lab.
- Students must swipe their MavID at the TutorTrac kiosk and follow the on-screen directions upon both entering and exiting. If you do not swipe in or out, your visit for that day may not be recorded.
- Lab participation is required, and students are only allowed to work on their respective course material while in the lab. Any violation of this rule will result in a student being asked to leave the lab, and an absence will be recorded for that day.
- Personal computing devices (i.e. laptops, tablets, etc) are not allowed in the lab. Students must work on the designated computers in the Lab.
- Please keep all phones on silent while in the lab. If you must take a quick phone call, please step out in the hallway. Any phone call lasting longer than 5 minutes will result in your being logged out of the LRC Computer Lab.
- It is strongly recommended that you bring your MyNotes workbook with you to the lab.
- The lab time gives students opportunities to obtain one-on-one tutoring and guidance for homework and quizzes. Please use this time wisely.
Q: How long do I have to be in the Math LRC Computer Lab?
A: Please check your course syllabus for the lab attendance policy.
Q: I need more tutoring. What other resources are offered?
A: Other academic support services offered by the university include the Math Clinic, University Tutorial & Supplemental Instruction (UTSI), TRiO-Student Support Services and the I.D.E.A.S. Center.
Q: How do I purchase and access my digital materials?
A: This video will walk you through the process in Canvas.
Q: What resources are available in the digital course materials?
A: This video will explain the helpful resources that come with your digital textbook.
Q: What calculators are allowed in the Math LRC Computer Lab?
A: The page linked below shows calculators approved for MATH 1301, 1302, 1308, and 1402. Approved calculators vary for other math courses. The link provides some recommended models, but be sure to check with your instructor for a list of approved calculators in your course: