Office of International Education
Swift Center 1022 UTA Blvd.
Arlington, Texas 76019-0028
Phone: (817) 272-2355
Fax: (817) 272-5005
Hours of Operation: Monday - Friday from 8:00am - 5:00pm
OIE Advising Schedule
Frequently Asked Questions
Visit your country's U.S. Embassy or Consulate website to learn where you will apply for your F-1 visa. Learn how to schedule an appointment, how many times you can apply for your visa, what specific documents are required, and what procedures must be followed.
Apply for your F-1 visa as soon as possible. Make sure that you allow adequate time for security checks.
Documents for Your Visa Application Interview
- All appropriate U.S. Department of State forms and documents as listed on the Embassy/Consulate Web site, including your non-refundable visa application fee and photographs.
- Valid passport.
- Information showing admission to a UT Arlington program.
- Financial Support Evidence.
- Documents proving intent to return to the home country after completion of F-1 status.
- Form I-20
- For students renewing their visa after a stay in the United States:
- Transcripts from all U.S. institutions attended,
- Support documentation from your academic program,
- All U.S. transcripts, and
- All previously issued I-20s.
- A list of authorized taxi services you can use upon arrival can be found at this link:
https://www.dfwairport.com/taxis/index.php. Do not accept a ride from an unlicensed taxi driver. They typically approach people inside the airport or shortly after you exit, and charge more money than an authorized taxi service.
- If you are traveling with a group, shuttle bus services can be reserved here:
- On-demand transportation from Lyft and Uber is also readily available at the airport.
- It might be possible to arrange a free airport pickup from a local community-based organization entitled International Students, Inc. Several UTA student organizations such as the Fine Arts Society of India (FSI), the Indian Cultural Council (ICC), Friendship Association of Chinese Students and Scholars (FACSS), and the Nepalese Student Association (NSA) might be able to provide free transportation as well.
Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your UTA ID number and the date you will be able to reach the US.
All fields are mandatory.