Forms » OPT POST-COMPLETION
Post-Completion OPT is a work authorization used for students who have completed coursework requirements and want to start work to gain experience in their chosen field of study. See the OPT General Overview for a complete discussion of this category.
- Earliest date we will start accepting OPT applications for Summer 2020 program completion: Monday, May 18, 2020.
- Earliest start date for post completion Summer 2020: Wednesday, August 19, 2020. The latest start date for post completion Summer 2020: Friday, October 16, 2020.
- The last date OIE to guarantee OPT I-20 processing for Summer 2020: Monday, October 05, 2020.
- Earliest date we will start accepting OPT applications for Fall 2020 program completion: Thursday, September 17, 2020.
- Earliest start date for post completion Fall 2020: Thursday, December 17, 2020. The latest start date for post completion Fall 2020: Sunday, February 14, 2021.
- The last date OIE can guarantee OPT I-20 processing for Fall 2020: Monday, February 1, 2021.
- Earliest date we will start accepting OPT applications for Spring 2021 program completion: Thursday, February 11, 2021.
- Earliest start date for post completion Spring 2021: Thursday, May 13, 2021. The latest start date for post completion Spring 2021: Sunday, July 11, 2021.
- The last date OIE can guarantee OPT I-20 processing for Spring 2021: Monday, June 21, 2021.
- Submit the four forms/documents below and a printed copy of the email receipt showing payment of the Management and Processing fee (see instructions below) to the OIE front desk. We recommend that you type the I-765. A sample of a filled I-765 is available here.
- Within 7-10 business days, OIE will print a new I-20 and contact you to come and sign/pick-up new I-20.
- After you have signed the I-20, you will need to mail your application to USCIS. See OPT Mailing Instructions page for mailing instructions. The application must be received by USCIS within 30 days of the recommendation being added to the I-20. USCIS is currently denying requests where the OPT recommendation is more than 30 days old on the date they receive the application.
- The OIE will contact you when your card arrives. You may:
- Pick up the card yourself.
- Send an email authorizing a specific person to pick up the card for you.
- Provide a self-addressed, stamped envelope for us to mail the card to you.
$410Management and Processing Fee - $150 ( More Details : Payment Process)