Registering for orientation is just the first step in coming to campus. To ensure that you are prepared for New Maverick Orientation, this section of the website includes information on various things you should take care of prior to attending orientation. Check out the Pre-Orientation to-do list below to make sure you don’t forget anything.
Pre-Orientation Graduate Student To-Do List
- Accept Your Admission Offer: You can accept or decline your admission by going to your Student Center in MyMav and clicking on the Accept or Decline hyperlink under the Admissions tab near the bottom of the page. UT Arlington does not require a financial deposit for those who accept admission
- Bacterial Meningitis Vaccination Requirement
- The State of Texas requires that all incoming Texas college students under 22 years old must be immunized against bacterial meningitis before they enroll in an institution of higher education. Prospective UT Arlington students who do not submit the proper vaccination documentation by the deadline will be dropped from classes and will not be allowed to re-enroll. Please refer to the official UT Arlington Bacterial Meningitis website to learn the deadline for your enrollment term and how to complete the vaccination requirement.
- Set-up your UT Arlington email address. All University correspondence will be sent to your UT Arlington email address, so it is important that you set up your email as soon as possible.
- Make an appointment with your academic advisor. Advising is not part of the orientation schedule and must be done on your own. See advising and registration for more detailed information.
- Since Graduate Student orientation is on a Saturday, if you would like to get your MyMav ID picture taken we advise you do so prior to attending the orientation.
- Apply for University housing, if you’re interested in living on-campus. Residence halls and on-campus apartments fill very quickly so all housing requests should be completed prior to orientation. Visit the University Housing website for more information or to fill out an application.
- If you plan to be a GTA/GRA at the University of Texas at Arlington we encourage you to check out more detailed information here.
- You will receive a confirmation email five days before your orientation session through your UT Arlington email address. Please read this email carefully as it contains important testing and check-in information.