To Do List
Registering for orientation is just the first step in coming to campus. To ensure that you are prepared for New Maverick Orientation, complete each step of the Pre-Orientation to-do list below.
Pre-Orientation To-Do List
- TSI requirements – Students who are TSI Liable will not be able to register for classes at orientation. See Testing Requirements for detailed information.
- Transcripts – If you have completed any college-level course work, make sure your transcripts have been submitted to the Office of Admissions.
- Academic Advising – Advising is NOT scheduled into the orientation day (with one exception below). You need to contact your advisor to schedule an advising appointment outside of the orientation session. For students entering the College of Architecture, advising WILL occur on your orientation day.
- UTA email address – All University correspondence will be sent to your UTA email address, including New Maverick Orientation confirmation emails. Set-up your UT Arlington email address, and check it regularly.
- Veterans benefits certification – To ensure your benefits will arrive in time to pay for your education, submit your paperwork to the Veteran Benefits Certification staff in the Office of Financial Aid.
- Accepting Admission – All new students must formally accept their admission to UTA. Simply log into MyMav, visit your Student Center, and complete the steps under the Admissions tab.
- UTA Registration Agreement – All students must complete the UTA Registration Agreement in MyMav prior to enrolling each semester. Log into MyMav, visit your Student Center, and click the UTA Registration Agreement link in your To-Do List.
- Bacterial Meningitis Vaccination Requirement – The State of Texas requires that all incoming college students under 22 years old must be immunized against bacterial meningitis before they enroll in an institution of higher education. Please refer to the official UT Arlington Bacterial Meningitis website to learn about completing the vaccination requirement.
You will receive a confirmation email three days before your orientation session through your UT Arlington email address. Please read this email carefully as it contains important check-in information.