Fall Permits & Parking Updates
Friday, July 31, 2020
Parking Permits for Fall 2020 and the 2020-2021 Academic Year are available starting August 3, 2020.
There have been some modifications to the permit structures due to the COVID-19 pandemic. A summary of those changes include:
- For Fall 2020 Only: The Faculty/Staff month-to-month permit has been discounted to the same proration as an annual permit ($22.75/month from $80). This allows employees who have uncertain work schedules an opportunity for more flexible parking. Payroll Deduction is not available for this permit.
- For Fall 2020 Only: The Student and Resident semester permit has been discounted by 1 month to end on 11/30/20 to align with the university's shift from face-to-face class to online-only. Students remaining on campus in December will need to purchase a 30-Day pay-as-you-go permit. Students can request a prorated refund for the semester permit until 9/11/20.
- All UTA customers have the option to purchase parking in durations that fit their needs. These options include:
- Hourly meter or pay stations- $2.50-$3.75/hour (max time limits apply)
- Daily permits- $9 in surface lots or $13 in garages
- 30-Day Pay-as-you-Go permits
- Semester permits
- Annual permits
- Due to the popularity of Student Upgrade Lots, LOT 34 has been converted into the third Off-Campus Student upgrade lot. The parking lot will still be shared by Faculty/Staff permit holders until the Trinity Hall building is completed in January 2021. At that point, the lot will add additional upgrade permits.
- The MobileNow pay-by-phone app has been replaced with HonkMobile in March 2020. To use Honk Mobile, look for new Zone Numbers in your desired on-street or visitor garage location and follow the on-site instructions. Customers can request a refund on any remaining balance in their MobileNow wallet by emailing customer support.
- Due to social distancing restrictions, masks are required to board any UTA vehicle. Additionally, the MavMover shuttle bus passenger occupancy has been reduced from thirty-two seats to nine seats. As a result, the campus routes have been adjusted to a modified Red Route service that will operate from 7:30 AM - 11 PM Monday-Friday. The modified Red Route will have seven buses on the route with service at each stop about every 5 minutes. View the bus route on the DoubleMap app. The Route will be re-evaluated weekly to ensure Parking & Transportation is maximizing service and safety. Any route changes will be announced in the DoubleMap app.
- Due to social distancing restrictions, the Late Night Security Escort Service will be slightly modified. Only large, six or eight-passenger carts will be used. Passengers will sit in the rear-facing seat to minimize proximity to the driver. Masks are required to board any UTA vehicle. Additionally, passengers with similar trip routes will no longer be combined into the same trip. This may increase wait times slightly.
- The UC North Expansion project is expected to release the newly constructed Faculty/Staff F11 parking lot in August 2020. The new lot will include allocations for visitors, service vehicles, ADA, reserved, and General faculty/staff parking. Occupancy in LOT 38 will be closely monitored to determine if it should be further reallocated.
- On July 20, Parking & Transportation launched an updated parking portal website for the UTA community. Enhancements to the platform include options for customers to
- request permit changes online
- request early expirations of permits
- add a temporary vehicle and set an expiration date for when the temporary license plate will automatically revert back to their permanent vehicle's plate.
- pay citation payment plans online instead of in the Parking office.
These enhancements (among many others) allow customers the opportunity to better manage their parking profile without face-to-face interactions with the parking office.
- The Electric Vehicle (EV) charging stations at Wetsel and College Park Central Garage were upgraded to the latest ChargePoint fast-charge stations. Customers must now have a ChargePoint account to use the machines. Usage fees are listed in the app.
Future Parking Changes:
- The new CoNHI/SSW complex will begin construction on LOT 47 in January 2021. In preparation for this change:
- ADA South lot will be permanently relocated and expanded into a portion of F10 LOT starting in late Fall 2020 with an anticipated completion date of January 2021. The exact number of new ADA stalls is still TBD.
- LOT 47 Student Upgrade permit holders will have alternative parking starting in January 2021. The exact location is still TBD.
- LOT CPW will be reallocated to faculty/staff parking in January 2021.
- Resident East parking will be expanded into the Lipscomb East lot to account for the reallocation of CPW.
- The Trinity Hall construction project is expected to be completed in January 2021.
- About 60 new faculty/staff stalls will be added to the Trinity parking lot
- Another 40 stalls will be returned to faculty/staff use.
- A portion of the LOT 34 Faculty/Staff stalls will be converted from Faculty/Staff parking to Student Upgrade parking.
- Starting in March 2021, UTA will offer a Level 4 autonomous, on-demand rideshare service in collaboration with researchers in CAPPA and C-TEDD, Parking & Transportation, the City of Arlington, Via Rideshare, and May Mobility. The Department of Transportation-funded project -- Arlington RAPID--- will deliver a more flexible, efficient, and integrated transit system for riders by seamlessly integrating multiple mobility platforms into one app. Students will be able to participate in research and ride on the autonomous vehicle at no cost. The service will operate from March 2021-March 2022.