Winter Weather Information
Thursday, March 10, 2022
North Texas expects to have a winter storm with freezing temperatures starting Friday, March 11, 2022. Campus Transportation Services will likely be reduced and/or suspended during the upcoming winter weather if winter precipitation begins to fall and impact road conditions. Take advantage of current transportation beforehand. The information below will be updated as needed:
- Garage Parking: The top floors and ramps of the College Park, West Campus, and Maverick parking garages may be closed due to expected icy conditions. Resident permit holders for these locations may park in faculty/staff/student spaces on the lower levels of the College Park garages starting at 5 p.m. Thursday, March 10.
- All other parking regulations are still in place.
- The Late Night Security Escort Service may have reduced or modified hours due to the road conditions. Students are encouraged to plan ahead as the storm approaches and request a ride before the temperatures fall below freezing. All service-level announcements will be posted within the TapRide app.
- The MavMover Shuttle buses will likely complete the daytime service at 6 pm Friday. The evening Red Route service may be impacted by the winter weather. Please check the current announcements within the Doublemap app for the latest updates.
- The RAPID self-driving Via shuttle that operates between UTA and Downtown will likely be in manual mode as the weather approaches and suspend service when icy conditions arrive. Monitor the Via app for the latest information.
- The Via on-demand Shopping Service will likely not be available as road conditions worsen. Students are encouraged to use this service earlier in the day if a ride is needed to a shopping destination. Monitor the latest information in the Via app.