First Days of Semester Parking Info
Sunday, August 13, 2023
Welcome (back) to campus! We are excited to see you soon. The start of each semester is always an exciting time, as well as a time of full parking lots and higher-than-normal traffic. This Fall 2023 is no different as this is expected to be the busiest campus has been since August 2019!
At this point, we are still uncertain how parking will be impacted around the new SSW/CONHI building. This includes F10, Maverick Garage, F13, and ALL student commuter parking lots south of Mitchell.
Here is what we recommend for August 2023:
- Review the UTA Parking Finder before leaving for campus to gain an understanding of your available parking locations.
- If you are arriving before 10 a.m. daily, you will find parking without delay. Just follow the guidance of UTA PD or the Parking Ambassadors. Pay attention to our digital traffic signs as they will be updated with real-time traffic information throughout the day.
- If you are arriving after 10 a.m., consider the following "Guaranteed Parking" areas where you will find available parking without delay:
- Faculty/Staff- LOT F6 and LOT 38
- Student Commuters- Lots along Greek Row behind Arbor Oaks, University Village, and Meadow Run apartments.
Students, new and returning, will quickly find their ideal parking location, but the first two weeks of each semester can be challenging. Use the map below to understand how our student parking lots fill throughout the morning, and allow the map to guide you to quick, easy, and convenient parking based on when you will arrive to campus. It is important for students driving in to find the student parking lots and avoid faculty/staff parking areas. Each parking lot has an entrance sign that describes which permit(s) can park at that location. You can also view our UTA Parking Finder for your available parking locations based on the permit type you purchase.
If you have not purchased your parking permit, click the button below:
Have a permit but not sure where to park? View the appropriate parking map here.
Faculty can use the map below to understand how your normal parking arrangements may be impacted by back-to-school traffic. Be sure to add extra time (and patience) to your commute. View your available parking locations here: go.uta.edu/park