UTA to launch eBike Share Program
Back by popular demand, UTA will launch a new bikeshare program featuring 250 e-bikes available for rent. The launch date has been delayed due to the pandemic's impact on cargo shipping, but we are anticipating a late September launch.
These dockless bikes will have designated pick-up and drop-off locations scattered all over campus at any existing bike rack and a few additional high-traffic areas. Blue Duck, the operator of the bikes, will be hiring UTA students to help manage the vehicles on campus. Look for their job postings on Handshake as the program gets closer to launching.
Riders can elect to pay-per-use, or purchase a monthly, semester, or annual membership for discounted rides. All memberships and rides are purchased through the Blue Duck mobile app.
- Complimentary $10 credit for all "@mavs.uta.edu" email addresses first time they register with Blue Duck
- 200 free helmets distributed annually
- Pay-per-use: $1.25 to unlock + $0.40/minute
- Monthly membership- $35/month
- Semester membership- $29/month
- Annual membership- $23.91/month
- **Memberships include 30 minutes of ride time daily
- Low-income access- 50% discount on every ride. Apply for through the app.
This program is provided through a collaboration between the Office of Sustainability and Parking & Transportation.
August 26, 2021 Update: The pandemic has caused havoc for all parts of life, and cargo ships are no different. Due to a delay in shipping the bikes, the launch of the bikeshare program is further delayed. Unfortunately, our bikes are stuck in a container in a shipping yard in China waiting to be loaded on a ship. At this point, we expect to be cruising uphill on the e-bikes sometime in early Spring 2022.