UTA to launch eBike Share Program
Back by popular demand, UTA will launch a new bikeshare program featuring up to 250 e-bikes available for rent. The bikes will be available for rent starting 2/1/22 using the Razor Scooter app available in the iTunes or Google Play app store or by scanning the QR code on the bike or flier.
Yes, we did say "e" bikes. These devices are the latest and greatest battery-assist bikes that make pedaling a breeze-- especially uphill on Greek Row or to Lot 49 and 50! Remember to ride the bikes on the road going WITH traffic-- just like you drive. Helmets are strongly encouraged and you can grab one of our free helmets at upcoming activities.
These dockless bikes will have designated pick-up and drop-off locations scattered all over campus at any existing 105 bike racks and a few additional high-traffic areas near student commuter parking lots. In addition, Maverick Place and Centennial Court apartments have sponsored bike corrals on their property and plans are being finalized to add a few parking corrals in Downtown. Private businesses that wish to sponsor a bike corral can contact firstname.lastname@example.org for details.
Blue Duck, the operator of the bikes, will have full-time staff on-site to reposition, repair, and recharge the devices daily. They plan to UTA students to help manage the vehicles on campus. Look for their job postings on Handshake as they build out their team.
Riders can elect to pay-per-use, or purchase a monthly, semester, or annual membership for discounted rides. All memberships and rides are purchased through the Blue Duck mobile app.
- Three free rides using a promo code UTA2022 (valid 2/1/22-3/14/22)
- Starting 3/14/22, three free rides for all new "@mavs.uta.edu" email address the first time they register in the app
- 200 free helmets distributed annually
- Pay-per-use: $1.25 to unlock + $0.40/minute
- Monthly membership- $35/month
- Semester membership- $29/month
- Annual membership- $23.91/month
- **Memberships include 30 minutes of ride time daily
- Low-income access- 50% discount on every ride. Apply through the app.
This program is provided through a collaboration between the Office of Sustainability and Parking & Transportation. For questions or to report a bike issue, contact email@example.com or 817-272-3907.