13-300 Student Debts
- The University is not responsible for debts contracted by individual students or by a registered student organization.
- The University will not assume the role of a collection agency except to recover monies owed to the University.
- The failure of any registered student organization to meet its financial obligation to the University will subject the organization to disciplinary action.
- The University will not adjudicate disputes between students or registered student organizations and creditors over the existence or the amount of debts.
- Collection procedures: the University may take the following action(s) if a student refuses to pay a debt owed to the University. Such actions may include but are not limited to:
- Bar from re-enrollment
- Withholding of grades and official transcript
- Withholding of degree; or
- Removal from university housing.
Relevant Federal and State Statutes
Relevant UT System and UTA Policies, Procedures, and Forms
UT System Regents' Rules and Regulations, Rule 50101 Student Conduct and Discipline
Write your text here!
Who Should Know
UTA students and registered student organizations
UTA Officer(s) Responsible for Policy
Chief Financial Officer and Vice President
Dates Approved or Amended
April 5, 2018
All questions concerning this policy should be directed to the Chief Financial Officer and Vice President