Subchapter 5-309 Food and Beverage Catering
- All food and beverages served (1) at University-sponsored events; (2) by individuals, groups, or businesses utilizing University controlled property; or (3) by registered student groups that (i) organize events which include the purchase of food and/or beverages, or (ii) contract with outside individuals, groups, or businesses to utilize University controlled property for events are to be supplied and served by University Dining Services in accordance with University rules and regulations, policies, procedures and contractual obligations.
- In limited circumstances, the requirements of Section II.A may be waived by University Dining Services. To request outside food or beverages, a Food Waiver Request Application (Form 15-17) must be submitted to the University at least fourteen (14) class days prior to the event.
All alcoholic beverage service must follow the policy and procedure as outlined in Alcoholic Beverages (Policy 13-200).
- All providers of food or beverages must comply with applicable University rules, policies and procedures, as well as applicable federal,
state and local laws and regulations relating to the provision of food or beverages, including requirements for permits and insurance.
- Exceptions to this policy
- Potlucks or carried in covered dish meals where no food or beverages are being served from an outside food service provider.
- Food and/or beverages purchased for private consumption for individuals residing within University-owned residence halls or apartments.
Catering: Any food or beverage that is prepared, served, delivered, or set-up by a food service provider.
University-sponsored event: For purpose of this policy, an event for which (1) a University employee acting on behalf of University, or (2) a registered student organization (Policy 10-300), is responsible for organizing the event, inviting attendees to the event, or paying for expenses related to the event.
University controlled property: Facilities or grounds owned or leased by The University of Texas at Arlington, including the main campus and/or any ancillary locations.
Relevant Federal and State Statutes
Relevant UT System Policies, Procedures and Forms
Registration of Student Organizations (Policy 10-300)
Alcoholic Beverages (Policy 13-200)
Alcoholic Beverage Request (Form 15-10)
Food Waiver Request Application (Form 15-17)
Who Should Know
University divisions, departments, offices and employees;
Individuals, groups, or businesses utilizing University controlled property; and
Registered student groups that (1) organize events which include the purchase of food and/or beverages, or (2) contract with outside individuals, groups, or businesses to utilize University controlled property for events.
UT Arlington Office(s) Responsible for Policy
John D. Hall, Vice President for Administration and Campus Operations
Dates Approved or Amended
Approved November 21, 2013
All questions relating to this policy should be directed to E.H. Hereford University Center and Guest Services at 817-272-2929 or firstname.lastname@example.org.