Revision Date: 03 April 2018
Errors or changes to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Procedure Objective
- Section I. Determine Eligibility for Registration
- Section II. Obtain and Complete Registration Form
- Section III. Update Form when Information Changes
- Section IV. Follow General Rules for use of Facilities
- Section V. Repeal of Registration
- Section VI. Use of Facilities by Unregistered Organizations (Joint Sponsorship)
- Section VII. Relationship of Registered Organizations to The University
- Forms and Tools/Online Processes
- Related Statutes, Policies, Requirements or Standards
- Website Address for This Procedure
This procedure provides guidelines for the registration of UT Arlington faculty and staff organizations. Registration of faculty and staff organizations is required by Regents' Rule 40201, Registered Organizations. Reservation of a Room or Space on University Property (Policy 5-200) requires faculty and staff organizations to be registered in order to use UT Arlington facilities
UT Arlington faculty and staff organizations.
Faculty and staff organizations
- Complete and file application for registration annually at the beginning of the fall semester.
- Update application information within ten days of change in information
- Follow all applicable rules regarding use of facilities
Business Affairs Program Coordinator
- Maintain current files of faculty and staff organizations who are registered.
- Notify registered organizations annually when renewal time is approaching.
- Provide current updated information on faculty and staff registration status and make accessible to university staff responsible for processing requests for the use of university facilities and property.
Staff Responsible for Processing Requests for the Use of University Facilities and Property
- Check current registration status of faculty and staff organizations requesting the use of university facilities and property.
Section I. Determine Eligibility for Registration
A staff or faculty organization is eligible for registration if:
- Members of the organization are full time or part time faculty or staff employees of The University of Texas at Arlington.
- The purposes of the organization are not in conflict with any applicable Regents' Rules and Regulations.
Section II. Obtain and Complete Registration Form
- Faculty or Staff Organization Registration (Form 13-1) is available online in the Forms Index.
- The following information must be provided:
- Name of the organization.
- Complete list of the names and addresses of all persons who are officers or representatives of the organization.
- Person or persons authorized to speak for or otherwise represent the organization and who are authorized to receive for the organization any official notices, directives or instructions from the institution.
- Qualifications for membership in the organization.
- General statement of the purpose of the organization.
- Any national or state affiliations.
- Statement that the organization does not restrict membership by reason of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, or handicap.
- Statement that the organization does not presently have, nor during any period of registration will it have, as a member any person who is not a member of the faculty or staff of the institution.
- Each organization must register annually at the beginning of the fall semester in order to retain registration status.
- Completed registration forms are forwarded to the Business Affairs Program Coordinator in the office of the Associate Vice President for Business Affairs and Controller.
Section III. Update Form when Information Changes
If at any time during a period of registration it is determined by the Program Coordinator that such information is not current and the organization does not make such information current within ten (10) days after being notified of such deficiency, the Program Coordinator shall notify the Associate Vice President and Controller, who shall in turn determine if the organization's registration will be canceled.
Section IV. Follow General Rules for use of Facilities
- Registered organizations shall be permitted the use of university facilities on a nondiscriminatory basis for meetings and events attended by university employees. This use is subject to the availability of facilities; the priority of regularly scheduled teaching or other official business activities; and procedures and restrictions specific to the facility or area.
- Reservations for rooms and spaces shall be made through the unit that controls the room or space. Some of these rooms and spaces are dedicated to special purposes and are subject to special rules. Rules and procedures for reserving rooms and spaces and a list of the rooms and spaces that may be reserved should be readily available on a web site or on a flyer or pamphlet conveniently available at the unit's office. Contacts include:
- Texas Hall
Texas Hall at The University of Texas at Arlington is a 76,000 sq ft combination proscenium theater and special events center. Contact Texas Hallfor information, or call 817-272-3331 for information.
- University Center
All requests for the use of facilities in the University Center are made and approved by the University Center Conference Coordinator in the Operations Office, located in the lower level of the University Center (817-272-2929). University Center reservation guidelines can be reviewed on the University Center site
- General Purpose Classrooms
Registered faculty and staff wishing to reserve a general purpose classroom/event must have a profile completed and on file with the Astra Scheduling System Coordinator Deborah Wamsley in the Registrar's Office. The coordinator can be contacted at 817-272-3236. Student organizations must complete the "UT Alington Campus Events Planning Sheet" and deliver it to the Coordinator in DH 129.
- Outdoor Spaces
All organizations wishing to reserve an outdoor space on campus should contact the Office of Student Governance and Organizations at 817-272-2293. Required reservation forms are available at the University Center, B120.
- Amplified Sound
"Amplified sound" means sound whose volume is increased by any electric, electronic, mechanical, or motor-powered means. The Director of the Office of Student Governance and Organizations reviews and schedules the use of amplified sound on campus. Contact the office at 817-272-2293 for information. Required forms are available at the University Center, B120.
- Maverick Stadium
Maverick Stadium is a 12,500 seat multipurpose facility that can host all types of sporting, charity, festival and special events. Contact the Maverick Stadium Manager at 817-272-2033 for reservation information.
- Campus Recreation
The Department of Campus Recreation provides opportunities and experiences that contribute to the health, wellness, development and education of the University community through involvement in recreational, leisure, and social activities. Campus Recreation offers programs in Informal Recreation, Intramural Sports, Sport Clubs, Aquatics, Fitness/Wellness, and Spirit Groups. These programs are offered in Maverick Activities Center, Physical Education Building, and Campus Recreation Fields Complex, Doug Russell Park and South Complex. For further information on Campus Recreation services and programs call 817-272-3277, stop in, or visit the Campus Recreation website at www.uta.edu/campusrec.
- Non-general Purpose Classrooms and Other Areas
Contact the unit where you wish to reserve space. All units who offer space to reserve should have information available by website, flyer, or materials at the unit area.
- Texas Hall
Section V. Repeal of Registration
Registration of any organization may be repealed and authorization to use university facilities withdrawn if the organization:
- Damages university property;
- Violates university regulations or policy, State laws, or local laws on university property; or,
- Fails to pay any applicable charges or fees to The University.
Section VI. Use of Facilities by Unregistered Organizations (Joint Sponsorship)
The use of university facilities by individuals who are not students, faculty or staff; by groups that are not registered students, faculty or staff organizations; or by associations or corporations for programs or activities. must be jointly sponsored by the U. T. System or the University and shall be subject to the following conditions:
- The program or activity must be by invitation of the University. Only the president or delegate can authorize joint sponsorship.
- In order for joint sponsorships to be appropriate, the educational implications of a program or activity must be self-evident, must directly supplement the educational purposes of the U. T. System or the University, and must not result in financial gain for the invited individual, group, association or corporation.
- The U. T. System or the University will be responsible for all details of the program or activity and reserves the right to approve all copy for advertising and news releases, and may require an accounting of the income and expenses directly related to the program or activity.
- The fee to be paid by the invited individual, group, association or corporation will be a matter for negotiation in each case and will be specified in the agreement providing for the joint sponsorship. At a minimum, the fee must ensure recovery of the costs incurred by the U. T. System or the University.
- The scheduling of University Facilities for programs or activities of the U. T. System or the University shall always have priority over the scheduling for programs or activities that are jointly sponsored.
- The University cannot be a joint sponsor for political or sectarian gatherings.
Section VII. Relationship of Registered Organizations to The University
- Registration in accordance with these regulations in no way indicates official university endorsement or recognition of registered faculty or staff organizations, nor does it indicate approval or sanction of any actions taken or recommended by such organization.
- A registered faculty or staff organization may state that its membership is composed of the faculty or staff of The University of Texas at Arlington, but it shall not suggest or imply that it is acting with authority or as an agency of The University.
- A faculty or staff organization shall not use the name of The University of Texas at Arlington or the name of The University of Texas System as a part of the name of the organization, and it shall neither display the seal of The University of Texas at Arlington or The University of Texas System in connection with any activity of the organization nor use such seal or seals as part of any letterhead, sign, banner, pamphlet, or other printed material that bears the name of the organization.
Forms and Tools/Online Processes
Registered faculty and staff organizations are entitled to use facilities and property of The University. This includes, but is not limited to, use of meeting rooms, auditoriums, equipment, and solicitation space on the grounds of The University. An organization is eligible to apply for registration if (a) members of the organization are full time or part time employees of The University of Texas at Arlington, and (b) the purposes of the organization are not in conflict with any applicable Regents' Rules and Regulations.
Related Statutes, Policies, Requirements or Standards
|UT System Administration Policies and Standards||Other Policies and Standards|
|Regents' Rules and Regulations Rule 80105, Joint Sponsorship of the Use of Property or Buildings|
Regents' Rules and Regulations Rule 80104, Use of Facilities
Regents' Rules and Regulations Rule 40201, Registered Organizations
Regents' Rules and Regulations Rule 80101, Category of Facilities and Authorized Users
|Reservation of a Room or Space on University Property (Policy 5-200)|
Rules and Regulations for Use of Texas Hall(Policy 5-301)
Distribution of Literature (Policy 4-400)
Joint Sponsorships (Policy 6-500)
Prohibited Expression (Policy 4-200)
Solicitations (Policy 6-400)
Rules and Regulations for Use of The University Center (Policy 5-304)
Amplified Sound (Policy 4-800)
Tables (Policy 4-600)
General Rules on Means of Expression (Policy 4-300)
Signs and Banners (Policy 4-500)
If you have any questions about this procedure, contact the following departments:
|Subject||Office Name||Telephone Number||Email/URL|
|All topics in Procedure||Business Affairsemail@example.com|
|Website access||Administrative Information Managementfirstname.lastname@example.org|