Revision Date: 19 September 2012
Errors or changes to: email@example.com
- Procedure Objective
- Section I. Verify Undocumented Student Status
- Section II. Complete Vetting Form
- Section III. Follow Normal Process for Issuance of University Student ID Card
- Forms and Tools/Online Processes
- Related Statutes, Policies, Requirements or Standards
- Website Address for This Procedure
This procedure helps to ensure a reasonable level of confidence that undocumented students who are unable to produce a valid government-issued photo ID are appropriately vetted before they are issued a University Student ID card.
Undocumented students who wish to apply for a University Student ID card.
Mav Express Staff
- Verify undocumented student status.
- Proctor completion of the Undocumented Student Vetting Form and verify results
- Maintain required records
- Complete the Undocumented Student Vetting Form
- Provide items of identification if possible
Section I. Verify Undocumented Student Status
- Mav Express staff will access the visa page in MyMav and verify that the student's status is NV (No Visa). If the student's access is not NV, then the normal process for issuance of a University Student ID card should be followed.
- The student should have provided identification information during the admission process prior to completion of the vetting form.
Section II. Complete Vetting Form
- Mav Express staff will offer undocumented students the option of completing an Undocumented Student Vetting Form.
- Mav Express staff will proctor the student's completion of the form and receive any identification documents offered by the student.
- Mav Express staff will validate the information provided on the vetting form by comparing it with information in the student's file gathered during the admission process.
- The Mav Express staff member who proctored the vetting form completion will sign and date the validated vetting form and file it with copies of any additional documents provided by the student.
Section III. Follow Normal Process for Issuance of University Student ID Card
Upon completion and validation of the vetting form, the undocumented student may then apply for a University Student ID Card by following the steps provided in Student Identification Cards (Mav Express ID) (Procedure 17-3).
Forms and Tools/Online Processes
Undocumented Student Vetting Form (available through Mav Express staff)
Undocumented students who are unable to produce a valid government-issued photo ID are able to gain admission to the University via the regular admission process and are assigned a status of NV (No Visa) on the visa page in MyMav. When the admission process has been completed, the Mav Express staff can use the information on file to validate information provided in the Undocumented Student Vetting Form.
Related Statutes, Policies, Requirements or Standards
|UT System Administration Policies and Standards||Other Policies and Standards|
|Student Identification Cards (Mav Express ID) (Procedure 17-3)|
If you have any questions about Procedure 17-9, Vetting of Undocumented Students for ID Card Issuance, contact the following departments:
|Subject||Office Name||Telephone Number||Email/URL|
|All topics in Procedure||Mav Express Office||(817) firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Website access||Administrative Information Management||(817) email@example.com|