Revision Date: 12 March 2015
Errors or changes to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Procedure Objective
- Forms and Tools/Online Processes
- Related Statutes, Policies, Requirements or Standards
- Website Address for This Procedure
This procedure outlines the procedure for appointing individuals to roles identified in Administrative Office Roles and Responsibilities for Information Resources (Policy 5-603).
All administrative officers and the administrative office they represent.
Office of Information Technology
- Distribute appointment request to administrative officers to assign a designee(s) to the Information Resource Roles.
Administrative Officers (Vice Presidents and Deans)
- Designate individual(s) to perform the information resource roles outlined in Administrative Office Roles and Responsibilities for Information Resources (Policy 5-603).
Section I. Appointment of Information Resource Roles within Administrative Offices
- Request for Appointments
The Office of Information Technology (in partnership the Information Security Office) will provide an annual request during the spring semester to each administrative officer for the designation of an individual to perform each Information Resource Role that is outlined in Administrative Office Roles and Responsibilities for Information Resources (Policy 5-603).
- Assignment of Designee(s) for Information Resource Roles
- Each administrative officer (vice president or dean) should designate an individual to one or more of the Information Resource roles outlined in Administrative Office Roles and Responsibilities for Information Resources (Policy 5-603).
- An individual can be responsible for multiple roles, but multiple individuals cannot be responsible for the same role.
- Administrative Officers will submit their appointments within four weeks of the request.
- In the event the individual selected to perform the responsibilities identified for an information resource role is unable to serve, then the administrative officer will submit a new selection within two weeks of receiving notice that the individual is unable to perform the responsibilities.
Forms and Tools/Online Processes
The definitions found in this section are to be interpreted consistently with other definitions in Texas Administrative Code 202, University of Texas System 165, and other policies found the Handbook of Operating Procedures covering Information Technology and Security. Where definitions do not exist in this policy, the definitions shall be derived from those policies or regulations.
Administrative Office: An office led by an administrative officer (vice president, dean, or academic office chair) charged with overseeing specific administrative functions of the University (see Duties of Administrative Officers (Policy 2-100)).
The intent of this procedure is to ensure that each administrative office has assigned an individual(s) to be responsible for the roles outlined in Administrative Office Roles and Responsibilities for Information Resources (Policy 5-603).
Related Statutes, Policies, Requirements or Standards
|UT System Administration Policies and Standards||Other Policies and Standards|
|N/A||Duties of Administrative Officers (Policy 2-100)|
Administrative Office Roles and Responsibilities for Information Resources Policy (Policy 5-603)
If you have any questions about this procedure, contact the following departments:
|Subject||Office Name||Telephone Number||Email/URL|
|All topics in procedure||Office of Information Technologyemail@example.com|
|Website access||Administrative Information Managementfirstname.lastname@example.org|
Website Address for This Procedure