Revision Date: 24 August 2015
Errors or changes to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Transfer of Funds
Transfers of funds are generally made only within a fund group (i.e., from a 2xxx to a 2xxx, from 31xx to a 31xx).
- To request a transfer of funds for state or local cost centers (2xxxxx, 3xxxxx, 4xxxxx), complete the Funds transfer document in UT Flow.
- To request a transfer of funds for gift or endowment funds (55xx or 56xx), complete a Funds transfer document in UT Flow or send a memo to Accounting Services with the following information:
- Debit cost center number and credit cost center number
- Amount to be transferred
- Reason for the transfer
- Signature of cost center manager
- Transfers CANNOT be made within a 55xxxx or 56xxxx from one budget account to another (i.e., from A1200 to A4000). Only transfers from one cost center to another cost center.
- Contact the Office of Research for transfers involving Grants/Sponsored Projects (126xxx or 1xxxx project ids).