Revision Date: 20 April 2016
Errors or changes to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Procedure Objective
- Website Address for This Procedure
- Related Statutes, Policies, Requirements or Standards
- Section I. Acquiring a Gasoline Credit Card
- Section II. Voyager Merchant Locations
- Section III. Billing and Payment
- Section IV. Reporting Lost or Stolen Gasoline Credit Cards
- Section V. Disputing an Invoice
- Section VI. Termination of a Gasoline Credit Card
- Forms and Tools/Online Processes
This procedure provides instructions for acquiring departmental gasoline credit cards, paying monthly departmental gasoline credit card charges, disputing invoices, and reporting lost or stolen cards. Guidelines and restrictions on the use of gasoline credit cards and requirements for fuel use reporting can be found in Office of Facilities Management procedures.
The State of Texas Council on Competitive Government has entered into contracts to provide State of Texas agencies and institutions of higher education conventional retail fuel. The Council requires participation in this program. UT Arlington uses the US Bank Voyager fleet card. The card can be used at any retail gas station that accepts Voyager. US Bank Voyager fleet cards may only be used for UT Arlington vehicles in accordance with applicable procedures to purchase fuel, service or repairs.
This procedure applies to all UT Arlington departments who wish to acquire departmental gasoline credit cards
Website Address for This Procedure
Related Statutes, Policies, Requirements or Standards
|UT System Administration Policies and Standards||Other Policies and Standards|
Board of Regents' Rules and Regulations, Rule 20901, Procurement of Certain Goods and Services
|UTA Vehicle Fleet Management Plan (Procedure 5-15)|
Texas Council on Competitive Government
Texas Government Code, 2203.001 Reporting Use of State Vehicle; Penalties
If you have any questions about this procedure, contact the following departments:
|Subject||Office Name||Telephone Number||Email/URL|
|All topics in Procedure||Procurement Servicesemail@example.com|
|Website access||Administrative Information Managementfirstname.lastname@example.org|
State of Texas Council on Competitive Government (CCG): A council created by the Texas Legislature in 1993 to facilitate efficient, cost-effective, and competitive government.
Accounts Payable Department
- Receives and reviews monthly US Bank Voyager bill
- Distributes monthly departmental charges
- Generates payment documents to US Bank Voyager
- Issues gasoline credit cards
- Receives reports of lost or stolen gasoline credit cards
- Receives calls regarding disputed invoices
Voyager Fleet Card User
- Understands and complies with rules for use of the Voyager fleet card
- Reports lost or stolen gasoline credit cards
- Reports a disputed invoice
- Reviews and approves departmental US Bank Voyager charges
- Approves memorandum requesting departmental gasoline credit cards
- Receives requests for departmental gasoline credit cards
- Maintains list of current departmental contacts
- Reports lost or stolen gasoline credit cards to US Bank Voyager
- Disputes an invoice with US Bank Voyager
Section I. Acquiring a Gasoline Credit Card
A memorandum requesting gasoline credit cards is signed by the requesting department head and sent to Procurement Services. The memorandum should include the number of cards desired, the cost center/project ID number from which charges will be paid, and the name of the departmental contact if that person is not the department head.
The gasoline credit cards will be assigned to a department rather than an individual.
Section II. Voyager Merchant Locations
Voyager has over 21,000 fueling and 3,600 maintenance locations in Texas. Individual cities or counties coverage can be researched online at the following link:
Section III. Billing and Payment
The US Bank Voyager bill is received by Accounts Payable each month. Accounts Payable separates the bill for each department having charges and determines the total charge to each department.
Departmental portions of each bill are faxed to the department contacts requesting review and approval of charges by a specified return date.
Upon approval by departmental contacts, Accounts Payable generates a payment document charging the designated departmental cost center/project ID.
Section IV. Reporting Lost or Stolen Gasoline Credit Cards
If the gasoline credit card is lost or stolen, the Voyager Fleet cardholder must notify Procurement Services immediately.
Section V. Disputing an Invoice
To dispute an invoice, contact Procurement Services immediately.
Section VI. Termination of a Gasoline Credit Card
When and if the card is no longer required, send an email to Procurement Services at email@example.com requesting the card to be cancelled.
Forms and Tools/Online Processes