Revision Date: 01 August 2011
Errors or changes to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fuel Distribution
- Responsibilities of Facilities Management for Fuel Dispensing System
- Other Fueling Requirements
UTA maintains a service area where university vehicles may be fueled with either regular unleaded gasoline, or diesel fuel.
- The unleaded gasoline pumps are operated by a special key system that allows departments to be billed monthly for usage.
- Access to the fueling area is usually limited to normal working hours. Police department vehicles are exempt from this restriction.
- The diesel fuel pump is locked, and access must be coordinated with the Automotive Shop.
- WARNING - Gasoline and diesel fuel is dispensed for UTA vehicles and equipment only. Neither is to be used in private vehicles.
Responsibilities of Facilities Management for Fuel Dispensing System
- Maintenance and repair of fuel dispensing equipment.
- Ordering and delivery acceptance of all gasoline and diesel fuel.
- Routine measurement of tank level to assist in inventory and supply requirements.
- Annual measurement of inventory for audit requirements.
- Monthly submission of report for departmental billing information, fuel purchases, and price per gallon.
Other Fueling Requirements
Circumstances will occasionally require the off-campus puchase of gasoline or diesel fuel for university vehicles. A fuel purchase form can be found in each university vehicle, and must be filled out when such purchases are made. The form should immediately be sent to the Facilities Management Vahicle Maintenance office.