Vision and Mission Statement
The College of Science at UTA is a vibrant, diverse, and inclusive community of scholars;
- Where scientific discovery, integration, and sharing of knowledge is a passion;
- Where freedom for individual intellectual thought is nurtured and a culture of collaboration is cultivated;
- Where foundational knowledge is created and imaginative solutions to grand challenges that impact the world are found;
- Where innovative teaching and inquiry-based, active learning are the norm;
- Where curious minds are inspired to seek and explore knowledge for a lifetime;
- Where convention is challenged and transformative change is embraced;
- Where excellence in scholarship is a core value.
As part of a Research I, urban public university, the mission of the College of Science at UTA encompasses:
- Discovery and advancement of new scientific knowledge for enhancing our fundamental understanding of the physical and natural world and exploring creative, impactful solutions to complex problems facing humanity;
- Providing a transformative and enduring educational experience for our students;
- Serving as a “STEM knowledge hub” for Texas and society at large to foster outreach programs for STEM education in K-12 schools; support life-long education and professional development for the STEM workforce; and provide expertise for industry and institutions.