UTA College of Science Award for Outstanding Research Achievement
CALL FOR NOMINATIONS
(Posted March 2018)
Purpose of Award
The College of Science Award for Outstanding Research Achievement recognizes a faculty member in the College of Science for achieving a particularly important research or creative accomplishment during the past three years (that is since January 1, 2015).
Any full-time, regular faculty member of the UTA College of Science is eligible to be nominated for this award. Evidence of research or scholarly achievement must be in published form, and evidence of artistic or creative accomplishment must be in a form appropriate to the nominee’s discipline. The achievement or accomplishment must have occurred since January 1, 2015. Both tenured and advanced tenure-track faculty are eligible for nomination.
Nominations may be made by any full-time, regular member of the UTA College of Science faculty. Nominations should be compiled first at the department level, and if more than one candidate exists, they should be ranked at the departmental level. The ranked complete nomination packages should be conveyed to the COS awards committee by April 9, 2018. Please send these nominations to email@example.com.
The emphasis of the COS research committee in selecting faculty to be recognized for the COS Award for Outstanding Research Achievement is on quality, importance, and impact of the research or creative accomplishment rather than on quantity of publications or pages, or number of creative objects produced.
Therefore, all nominations and supporting documentation should focus on the importance of a nominee’s research and the impact the contribution made in his or her field.
Nomination Procedure and Documentation
Each nomination reviewed by the COS research committee must include the five items listed below, compiled in a single PDF document.
- A completed cover sheet (attached).
- A one-page (maximum) letter of nomination from the nominator including a brief description of the specific research achievement or creative accomplishment for which the nominee should be recognized.
- A three-page abbreviated three-year curriculum vita including the nominee’s citation index entry information, if applicable.
- Up to two (2) selections (PDF or link) of the nominee’s major publications and other appropriate supporting documentation of the nominee’s scholarly achievement. Only the nominee’s most significant work within the past three years should be provided in his/her file of work/evidence.
- Candidate’s statement of no more than two (2) pages. The statement should address the scholarly/creative contribution and its impact.
Incomplete nominations or those received past the deadline will not be considered by the COS awards committee.
Timeline for Award Nominations
Monday, April 9, 2018 – Deadline to submit nominations to COS awards committee
Wednesday, May 9, 2018 – Awardee recognized at COS Spring Faculty Meeting