COVID-19 Aquatics Update
COVID-19 Aquatics Updates
Changes for MAC Pool Usage for Fall 2020 beginning Aug. 31, 2020. At this time only the indoor pool will be available.
Below is a list of changes that will be implemented for the Fall semester 2020 in response to the COVID-19 pandemic. The list below will highlight the most significant changes to users for the pool(s) here on campus.
- Members coming to use the pool will provide their MAV ID number to the guard on duty. Guards will not be handling ID cards, which is no current change to our check in process. This will be the same for guests of members.
- Users of the pool will be required to reserve a time if they wish to use the pool. This process will be conducted via the UTA Campus Rec Go app and/or the reclink website. All fee-paying MAC members will have access to the app.
- Lanes will be blocked off in 1-hour increments (50 mins of swim time) and 10 mins of cleaning/prep time for next group of swimmers. *Exception, the lunch time swim will be in 1 hour 15-minute blocks*.
- For evening swimmers, there will be no consecutive lane usage UNLESS at the new scheduled time that no one has signed up for that time block. For example, we have 5 - 6 p.m. time block, the 6 p.m. time block has not filled-we will allow the swimmer to get back in the water for the 6 - 7 p.m. time block if no one has signed up prior to the start of that 6 p.m. time slot. The swimmer would need to remove themselves from the pool area at 5:50 p.m. and check with the guards at 6 p.m. to see if they can stay longer.
- Lane usage will be for 1 member at a time. The indoor pool will provide six lanes of swimming for members while the outdoor pool (in season) will provide eight lanes of usage.
- Walk up swimmers will be accepted should there be a lane open for them to use. Guards will encourage swimmers to reserve a lane online which will be the only way to secure their designated time. If there is a lane open during the time they wish to swim, they can use the remaining time left for that time block BUT, we will not allow new swimmers with less than 30 mins left in that session. *Example* A patron comes to the pool at 6:15 p.m. to use the pool. We will allow them to use an open lane, but they will only have the remaining 35 minutes left for that time block. If they wish to stay longer, they would follow the previously stated back to back lane usage.
- The cutoff time for new swimmers will be 20 minutes after the session has begun. Anyone showing up after this point will have to wait until the next session.
- Walk up swimmers will still need to reserve a lane by checking in with the lifeguard. The lifeguard will have a schedule of which lanes are open.
- Members will be encouraged to bring their own swimming equipment such as kickboards, fins, buoys. We will not be providing these for users.
- Members will be encouraged to only bring items essential to swimming in the pool area. Book bags, laptop bags, etc., will need to be kept in the locker rooms. The only items that will be allowed on the deck are swimming related items: googles, towel, swim caps, personal kick boards, etc. Items not for swimming use will be asked to be put in the locker room.