- Project based internships are a great way for students to take advantage of spare time to set themselves up for success.
- Unlike traditional internships, these paid opportunities typically range from 5 to 40 hours of work, and can be completed year-round.
- Students have the possibility of incorporating a paid project with a class assignment.
- Students can learn and hone the skills employers look for when recruiting for full-time positions and build their resumes with practical experience.
- Students can explore new industries and potential career paths while working on a paid project.
- Students can build tangible relationships with you – many employers use micro-internships to connect with potential interns and full-time hires.
Project Based Micro–Internships
What is a Micro-Internship?
Micro-internships are short-term, paid, professional assignments that are similar to those given to new hires or interns. Often, these projects require 20-40 hours of total work across 2-4 weeks and can be completed remotely. They are posted on a rolling basis and can be applied to year-round.
Why a Micro-Internship?
- Reduction of HR Cost and Attrition.
- The opportunity to audition potential talent.
- An opportunity to complete “shelved” projects.
- A format that lends itself to remote work.
- Sign up to post internships.
- Create a profile for your organization.
- Post your project.
- Click for step-by-step instructions.
Who is Eligible for Micro-Internships?
Mav Micros are open to all students, including international students. If you are an international student and are interested in applying for micro-internships, please contact the Office of International Education for more information regarding the Optional Practical Training (OPT) and Curricular Practical Training (CPT) approval process.
Click here to see examples of projects.
- Create your free account: info.parkerdewey.com/uta
- Fill out your profile completely.
- Review current available projects, note that some are time sensitive.
- Apply to projects of interest.
- Continue to check the platform regularly for new opportunities.