DEGREE PROGRESS PAGE: WHAT INFORMATION DOES IT PROVIDE?
- Degree progress provides a comprehensive list of your degree requirements and makes it simple for you to select and plan courses for future terms.
HOW CAN I TELL WHEN DEGREE MAP WAS LAST UPDATED?
- You can find the date and time of the most recent Degree Map update to the left of the Print icon.
- When you first open Degree Map, you may be prompted to refresh your account. Click the refresh button to update Degree Map and ensure you are viewing the most accurate data.
WHAT DO THE COLORS ON THE PAGE MEAN?
- Blue means in progress.
- Red means it needs attention.
- Green means completed.
- Orange means still needs to be completed.
HOW DO I SEE WHAT COURSES I HAVE LEFT?
- To see what courses you have left, click on the Filter Icon, and check the box by Remaining.
HOW DO I PLAN A COURSE FROM THE REQUIREMENT LIST?
- From the left-rail, expand the program and requirement group you’d like to plan. If there are courses remaining to fulfill the requirement, you’ll see a Plan Course button beneath the individual requirement
- Click Plan Course and an overlay will appear, allowing you to make a few selections. Start by selecting when to plan the course. Click the Term dropdown to select from the next several upcoming terms.
- Next, if this requirement can be fulfilled by multiple courses, select which course to plan or apply filters to find the desired course.
- When you are ready to add a specific course, click the Plan button to the right of the course details to add it to the selected term.
HOW DO I PLAN A COURSE FROM AN UPCOMING TERM?
- Upcoming terms will have empty placeholders for planned courses beneath the term heading. To add courses to the upcoming term, click browse the course catalog or drag a course from the left rail to the desired term.
- If you click browse the catalog, an overlay will appear with options to search for a course listed in the course catalog.
- Note: Courses planned using this method may not meet remaining degree requirements. Check with your advisor for additional assistance.
HOW DO I REMOVE A PLANNED COURSE?
- To remove a planned course, find the course you want to remove and click the ‘x’ in the upper right hand corner of the course box. Click confirm to complete removing the course.
WHAT IS THIS ICON?
- This icon appears throughout Degree map, and provides more information on the content you are viewing. Hover over the icon to view additional information.
WHAT DOES AN ALERT MEAN?
- Alerts help keep you on track by signaling courses that require a prerequisite or that should be planned in consultation with an advisor. These are indicated by a yellow ‘course alert’ icon that appears below the course in question. Additionally, a number will appear in parentheses immediately after the alert. This number is indicative of the number of alerts for that specific course.
HOW DO I PRINT MY PLAN?
- You can print a copy of your plan by clicking the print icon on the Degree Progress page.