Rankings and Recognition
A University of Distinction
Excellence and achievement abound at The University of Texas at Arlington. Our highly ranked academic programs attract the best and brightest scholars from around the world, and our faculty and students consistently receive national and international recognition for their accomplishments. The breadth and depth of these accolades accentuate UTA’s status as a pre-eminent place for intellectual pursuits and a driver of positive change.
College of Architecture, Planning and Public Affairs
- U.S. News & World Report ranks CAPPA’s public affairs graduate program No. 77 in its 2018 “Best Graduate Schools” list.
- UTA was ranked No. 13 on OnlineU’s 2017 list of the Most Affordable Online Colleges for MPA Programs.
- The Master of Public Administration was ranked 9th in ValueColleges.com’s 2016 list of the top 50 best value MPA programs.
College of Business
- CEO Magazine named the College of Business’ Executive Master of Business program No. 21 among Global MBA programs, No. 16 in the United States, and No. 1 in Texas. Its MBA program was named to the Tier 1 North American rankings.
- The Master of Science in Taxation program ranked No. 7 in the nation by TaxTalent.com for 2017-18.
TFE Times ranked the College of Business’ master of quantitative finance degree No. 2 in Texas and No. 41 in the United States for 2017.
- The College of Business was named an outstanding business school by The Princeton Review. The education services company profiled the college in the 2017 edition of its annual book, The Best 294 Business Schools.
- The College of Business’ Part-Time MBA program is ranked No. 122 on U.S. News & World Report’s 2018 “Best Graduate Schools” list.
- The College of Business is among the top 50 best business schools for veterans in the United States according to 2016 rankings by Military Times.
The College of Business’ chapter of the Beta Gamma Sigma honor society received “Highest Honors” recognition for the 2016-17 academic year.
College of Education
- The Online Master's program in Curriculum and Instruction was ranked No. 1 in the nation by College Choice.
- U.S. News & World Report ranks the College of Education No. 124 in its 2019 “Best Graduate Schools” list, up eight spots from a year ago. Its online graduate program is No. 56 in the nation.
- The College of Education’s online graduate education program ranked No. 46 nationally in U.S. News & World Report's 2019 rankings. This is an improvement of seven spots from its No. 53 ranking in 2018 and No. 56 in 2017.
- The College of Education was ranked No. 4 on CollegeChoice’s list of the 50 Best Online Master’s in Education Degrees for 2017.
- The Center for Online Education ranked UTA No. 6 on its 2018 list of the Best Online Master’s in Educational Leadership Degree Programs.
- UTA was ranked No. 5 on College Choice’s “Best Elementary Education Degrees” for 2017.
College of Engineering
- U.S. News & World Report’s 2019 “Best Graduate Schools” list ranks the College of Engineering No. 83 among the Best Graduate Engineering Schools in the nation. The graduate program in aerospace/aeronautical/astronautical engineering is ranked No. 48, biomedical engineering No. 96, civil engineering No. 89, computer engineering No. 80, computer science No. 91 (listed by U.S. News under “science”), electrical/electronic/communications engineering No. 85, industrial/manufacturing/systems engineering No. 54, mechanical engineering No. 81, and materials engineering No. 77 in the nation.
- The SR Education group ranked UTA No. 9 on its list of "Best Online Colleges Offering a Master's in Civil Engineering" for 2019.
- OnlineMasters.com ranked UTA No. 28 on its list of the Best Online Master in Electrical Engineering Programs for 2019. It was one of only two Texas universities in the top 40. The site also ranked UTA's Online Master in Industrial Engineering No. 25, the highest of any North Texas university.
- The College of Engineering advanced to No. 110 on the 2017 U.S. News & World Report Best Colleges list for undergraduate engineering programs at colleges offering doctoral degrees.
College of Liberal Arts
- U.S. News & World Report’s 2018 “Best Graduate Schools” list ranks the English graduate program No. 116 in the nation, up nine spots from 2017. The fine arts graduate program is No. 131, and history is No. 132.
College of Nursing and Health Innovation
- U.S. News & World Report’s 2019 “Best Graduate Schools” list ranks the College of Nursing and Health Innovation’s master's program No. 50 in the nation and its doctor of nursing practice program No. 52, which is the second-highest in the state.
- The College of Nursing and Health Innovation is ranked No. 3 in the nation for veteran friendliness by College Factual. The 2019 rankings look for colleges that produce quality outcomes in nursing and offer support and resources to help veterans and active-duty military students thrive.
- U.S. News & World Report ranked UTA No. 75 among 170 online graduate nursing programs across the country in its 2019 list. The program improved from a No. 87 ranking in 2017.
- The College of Nursing and Health Innovation is No. 1 in Texas and No. 10 in the country for non-traditional students, according to College Factual's 2019 rankings.
- UTA’s Online Master of Nursing program was ranked No. 25 on Graduate Program.com’s "2017 Top Graduate Schools” list.
- The College of Nursing and Health Innovation was designated a 2015 Center of Excellence by the National League for Nursing, making it one of only two universities in Texas to ever receive the honor.
- The College of Nursing and Health Innovation was ranked No. 7 on the Top 20 Online Nursing Degree Programs list by OnlineSchoolsCenter.com.
- The online Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree is ranked No. 6 on ValueColleges.com's Top 50 Best Value Online RN to BSN list.
College of Science
- U.S. News & World Report’s 2019 “Best Graduate Schools” list ranks the College of Science’s graduate program in biological sciences No. 190, chemistry No. 145, mathematics No. 136, physics No. 119, and earth science No. 111 in the nation.
School of Social Work
- U.S. News & World Report ranked the graduate social work program No. 34 in the nation on its 2019 “Best Graduate Schools” list, up four positions from the year before.
- The MSW program offers the best value in Texas according to HumanServicesEdu.org's list of the Most Affordable CSWE-Accredited Master’s in Social Work Programs for 2019-20.
- BestMSWPrograms.com ranked UTA's Online Master of Social Work degree No. 1 in the country for 2018.
- The School of Social Work was ranked the No. 28 best Online Master of Social Work degree program in the nation for 2018 by SocialWorkGuide.org.
- Best College Reviews ranked UTA No. 2 on its list of the Best Master’s in Social Work Online for 2019.
- The SR Education Group ranked UTA No. 2 for its Master’s in Social Work program and No. 11 for its Online Master’s in Social Work program in the 2018 rankings.
- The School of Social Work is ranked No. 1 in Texas and No. 5 in the nation for veteran friendliness by College Factual. The rankings look for schools and colleges the produce quality outcomes in social work and offer support and resources to help veterans and active-duty military students thrive.
- UTA is ranked the No. 22 Most Affordable MSW Program by socialworkdegreeguide.com for 2018.
- Best Colleges ranked the UTA School of Social Work No. 10 on its Top 30 Most Affordable Master’s in Social Work Online Programs 2018 list.
- College Choice ranked UTA No. 29 on its list of MSW programs in 2018.