Who We Are
The University of Texas at Arlington Veterans Business Outreach Center (UTAVBOC) provides collaborative, hands-on, interactive learning opportunities for transitioning Service members, veterans, disabled veterans, National Guard, reserve component members, and spouses through a community of entrepreneur resource partners nationally, locally, and across US Small Business Administration Region VI. Through ongoing one-on-one business counseling, training programs, accredited university courses, practical seminars, workshops and referrals, UTAVBOC represents the US Small Business Administration (SBA) for transitioning veterans in North Texas, Oklahoma, and Arkansas. UTAVBOC services are funded in part through a cooperative agreement with the SBA in appreciation for the veterans’ valued and continued service to the nation in order to grow the US economy and the employment base while adding value to the veterans and the communities in which they live. UTAVBOC's mission is to:
- Increase veteran awareness of entrepreneurial development services through the Boots to Business entrepreneurial education and training programs.
- Increase veteran access to entrepreneurial development services in collaboration with other SBA resource partners.
Motto / Slogan
Business beyond the battlefield.
- Leadership - Leadership is influence, nothing more, nothing less. We recognize and value the leader within those who have worn the uniform, and we strive to venerate and emulate those qualities that empower others to achieve their fullest and highest potential as business owners.
- Integrity - Integrity is the foundation of our interaction with others, including our transitioning veterans, entrepreneurial resource partners, community leaders and the university. We recognize that trust is the outcome of truthfulness, and we commit to building honest relationships that add value to our stakeholders.
- Focus - Focus enables us to do what we do best and what we enjoy doing most. We commit to thinking and acting strategically in everything that we do, so that we remain engaged in the process of educating, training, and inspiring transitioning veterans to be more, do more, and have more; so that they can give more of their unique genius to the world.
- Teamwork - Teamwork truly does make the dream work. We are part of a community of entrepreneurial resources, and we contribute to the team by providing collaborative leadership and a focus on giving and serving those who have served.