Zhou Lab Facility
Device fabrication is carried out mostly at UTA Nanotechnology Research Center (NRC) Cleanroom user facility, which has an extensive line of micro- and nano-fabrication equipment. Details can be found at http://www.uta.edu/sirt/nano/
Device Characterization (major pieces of equipment):
- Low temperature closed-cycle cryostat (10k to 350K temperature range) for photoluminescence and electroluminescence measurement
- Two monochrometers with multiple gratings and detectors for spectral coverage from deep UV (200 nm) to near-infrared (1800 nm).
- Micro FTIR (Fourier Transfer Infrared Spectrometer) with spectral coverage from 1.5 um to 20 + um, and can test samples with feature sizes down to a few micrometers.
- Extremely low vibration cryostation with temperature range of 4.6 K to 350 K, and high spatial resolutions (down to micro-sized structures), for optical, electrical, and RF high speed characterizations
- High speed electrical and optical characterization test setup, with frequency coverage up to 26.5 GHz.
- Automatic optical characterization (alignment) and assembly (printing) tool for optical characterization and membrane transfer printing processes.
- Various tunable lasers, DFB lasers, deep UV Excimer lasers from wavelengths from 193 nm to near infrared
- Optical spectral analyzer
- Laser, detetors, modulator, and optical sensing characterization setups
Zhou Lab is located at NanoFAB Center.
5K Low Vibration Cryostation
Automated Optical Alignment and Assembly Tool
High Speed RF Network Analyzer
Optical Sensing Test Setup