Undergraduate Nursing Advising for Post-Licensure Programs
Advising Requirements for Post-Licensure Undergraduate Nursing Students
Students in a campus-based post-licensure undergradutate program are required to meet in person with an advisor once a semester.
Students in the accelerated online post-licensure undgergraduate program are not required to meet regularly with an advisor. Once admitted to UT Arlington, students in the accelerated online post-licensure program are provided with a course evaluation by a College of Nursing and Health Innovation advisor. Unlike the on-campus program, there is not a registration hold each semester that requires students to meet with their advisor. Students may plan their coursework using the course evaluation provided by the advisor and proceed to registration. Students are encouraged to contact the advising team with any questions. Information related to required courses, registration, academic standing and applying to the nursing program is provided when students are first contacted by an advisor. It is imperative that students read and keep this information for future reference. Most advising is handled via e-mail. However, students may schedule a phone or face-to-face appointment with an advisor as needed by following the instructions below.
Are you an undergraduate in the pre-licensure BSN program? Your advising information is on this page: Undergraduate Nursing Advising for Pre-Licensure Programs.
Meeting in person with an RN-BSN / RN-MSN Advisor
There are two options available to meet with your advisor:
- Schedule an Appointment - Call or Email to schedule:
- Call Us (preferred): 817-272-2776 to schedule an appointment (select option 3 and then option 4)
- Email (if unable to call): email@example.com - please remember to include your contact information and ten-digit UTA ID number.
- Walk-In - Advisors are available from 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. to assist students in the RN-BSN and RN-MSN programs.
Before your appointment:
- Have a list of questions prepared to ask your advisor.
- Familiarize yourself with your program information, and your current progress in your program.
- Make arrangements to be on time to your advising appointment. Students who are more than ten minutes late will be rescheduled.
This advising team works with Registered Nurses who are seeking their baccalaureate (BSN) degree and also those interested in the RN to MSN Program.
|RN-BSN and RN-MSN
|RN-BSN and RN-MSN Programs
|(all)||The RN Advising Teamfirstname.lastname@example.org|
The RN Advising Team consists of: Brittany Rose, Jayme Patrick, Laura Katnic-Annis, Lucas Lothamer, Melissa Carpenter, Michael Guillory, Richard Polhamus, and Yolanda Cleveland