Skip to content. Skip to main navigation.

Records Request Policy

To request a copy of all or part of your records from The Office for Students with Disabilities (OSD) under “The Freedom of Information Open Records Act” you may send your written request to the University’s “Custodian of Records”.  The University of Texas at Arlington’s “Custodian of Records” is Shelby L. Boseman, Public Information Officer (see the right column for contact information).  Per UT System policy, the University cannot accept verbal requests for open records.

Please include the following information in your request: your name, student ID number, (if not a current student, a Social Security number), date of birth, contact information and specific request (i.e., which records and a period of time covered).

Specifically state whether you want:

  1. Entire OSD file including electronic case notes
  2. Part of the file (i.e., assessments, accommodations letters, correspondence)

For a list of fees associated with this request or if you have any questions regarding this policy, please see The University of Texas at Arlington’s Open Records Information website or please contact Tiffany Gonzalez at or by phone at (817) 272-9075 or Karen Phillips at or by phone at (817) 272-5571.

You may also contact the Office for Students with Disabilities at (817) 272-3364 or for further instructions. 

Open Records Request

By Mail:
Mr. Shelby L. Boseman
University Attorney
Public Information
The University of Texas at Arlington
P.O. Box 19110
Arlington, Texas 76019-0136

By Electronic Mail:

By Fax:
(817) 272-0839

By Hand Delivery:
701 S. Nedderman Dr. Suite 246
Arlington, Texas 76019-0136