Board of Advisors
Board of Advisors
The Board of Advisors of the College of Engineering at the University of Texas at Arlington is a diverse group of volunteer leaders from business, academia, government agencies, and the community who advise and assist the College in creating and sustaining a preeminent institution of engineering education, research, and service. Board members are keenly interested in promoting cutting-edge research programs and in addressing engineering education issues – from preparing high school students to succeed in college to graduating outstanding engineers who will lead Texas in the high-technology economy.
Members provide counsel to the Dean of the College, the faculty, and staff on strategy, important issues affecting the future of the college, programs, and external affairs. They engage in and assist with fund raising efforts to ensure excellence in programs and operations.
The Board meets three times a year with a full-day agenda covering such topics as undergraduate and graduate enrollment and student success rates, the teaching and learning environment, college infrastructure, labs and equipment, research initiatives, the college development program, impact of legislative issues, industrial relations, benchmarking, and long-range planning.
- Troy C. Alley, Jr. - Con-Real
- Marvin Applewhite, Ph.D. (BS EE '64) - Texas Instruments
- Johnny M. Barrett, (BS Mathematics '67) - Raytheon Company
- Gloria Bender, (BS EE '75) - TransSolutions
- David Black, (BS EE ‘75) - Insource Technology Corporation
- Matt Blanton - STARTech Early Ventures
- Jim Braswell, (BSME '73, MSME '80) - Bell Helicopter Textron
- Geeth M. Chettiar - Lockheed Martin Aeronautics Company
- Elmo E. Collins - U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission
- James M. Crites - D/FW International Airport
- Ronald E. Cross - L3 Communications, Link Simulation and Training
- Dr. Alfred DiStefano, M.D. - Arlington Cancer Center
- David A. Felio, (MS ME '93) - The Realtime Group
- Rudy M. Garcia, P.E. (BSCE '77) - URS Corporation
- E. Glenn Gaustad, Ph.D. (BSEE '61) - Microelectronics Computing Corp.
- Robert Gnuse - Gnuse Enterprises, LLC
- Charles H. Goodman, Ph.D. (BSME '64) - Southern Company
- Stephen Gould - Sikorsky Aircraft Corporation
- Mike Greene, (BSME '69) - Energy Future Holdings Corp.
- Berry R. Grubbs, P.E. - BRG Engineering
- Clifford A. Hahne, (BSME '82) - Hanson Pressure Pipe, Hanson Pipe & Precast
- Rhonda Harris, (BS CE '84) - PRO-OPS, Inc.
- Mike Hawkins - Alpine Link Corporation
- Barbara Hyman - Hopkins & Associates, Inc.
- John T. (Cork) Jaeger, Jr. - Platinum Research Organization
- Wes Jurey - Arlington Chamber of Commerce
- Geralyn Kever - Self-Employed
- Julie Krupala - Esping Family Office
- Ron Lemons - Freese & Nichols, Inc.
- Jason Losh, Ph.D. (BS'88, MS'89, Ph.D.94) - Motorola
- Linda McCalla, Ph.D. (BS mathematics '68) - Texas Instruments
- F. H. (Dick) Moeller, (BSIE '67) - St. David’s Community Health Foundation
- Lynn Mortensen - Network Centric System, Raytheon Company
- Brenda Pulis - Oncor Electric Delivery
- Shekar Rao - Arlington Chamber of Commerce, Center for Innovation at Arlington
- Darlene Ryan - TECH Ft. Worth
- Steven D. Sanders, Ph.D. (MS CE ’84, MBA ’90) - GSWW Inc.
- Joe Schneider, P.E. - Hillwood Properties
- Jeff Smith, Ph.D. (MSCSE '88, Ph.D. '04) - Ublip
- Dr. Ram Srinivasan - Mevio
- Lawrence W. Stephens, BSAE '72, MSAE '79 - Lockheed Martin Missiles and Fire Control
- Gary K. Trietsch, P.E.(BS CE ’70, MS CE ’74) - Dannenbaum Engineering Corp.
- Keith D. Weiss, BSIE '73 - Raytheon - MS: 433