Information for Graduate Students
The College of Engineering offers assistance to graduate students for internship positions and job search, resume and interviewing skills. Please come to the Co-op Office, located in room 242 of Nedderman Hall or e-mail your resume to email@example.com to be added to a mailing notification list for graduate internships.
Additional methods for graduate students to investigate internship and part-time work experiences include:
- MavCareers: Register to use the MavCareers site for internships. MavCareers is administered by the University Career Services Office, located in 216 Davis Hall.
- Hireamaverick: Use the hireamaverick site for part-time opportunities. Hireamaverick is administered by the Student Employment Services Office, located on the Main Level of the University Center.
- Faculty: Some faculty members receive direct contact from companies about job openings.
- Professional Student Organizations: Some companies contact engineering student organizations when they are seeking specific student populations and interest areas.
- Engineering Coop/Intern Job Fair: A variety of companies attend this fall event to recruit spring and summer coop and internship positions.
- Engineering Week (February): Company recruiters participate on Wednesday by setting up booths and sharing company information and job openings.
- Career Day: The University Career Services Office hosts Career Day every fall and spring. Students can meet recruiters from various companies and find out about employment opportunities.
- Company Websites: Many companies list their internship opportunities only on their websites. After making a determination about specific companies that you have an interest in, research and apply for their internship opportunities using their website.
- H1visajobs.com: The College of Engineering has purchased access to this website which lists companies who have sponsored F1 International students. Requests for access to this site can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.