Cooperative Engineering Education
Information for Graduate Students
The College of Engineering offers assistance to graduate students for internship positions and job search, resume and interviewing skills. Please come to the Co-op Office, located in room 242 of Nedderman Hall or e-mail your resume to email@example.com to be added to a mailing notification list for graduate internships.
Additional methods for graduate students to investigate internship and part-time work experiences include:
- MavCareers: Register to use the MavCareers site for internships. MavCareers is administered by the University Career Services Office, located in 216 Davis Hall.
- Hireamaverick: Use the hireamaverick site for part-time opportunities. Hireamaverick is administered by the Student Employment Services Office, located on the Main Level of the University Center.
- Faculty: Some faculty members receive direct contact from companies about job openings.
- Professional Student Organizations: Some companies contact engineering student organizations when they are seeking specific student populations and interest areas.
- Engineering Coop/Intern Job Fair: A variety of companies attend this fall event to recruit spring and summer coop and internship positions.
- Engineering Week (February): Company recruiters participate on Wednesday by setting up booths and sharing company information and job openings.
- Career Day: The University Career Services Office hosts Career Day every fall and spring. Students can meet recruiters from various companies and find out about employment opportunities.
- Company Websites: Many companies list their internship opportunities only on their websites. After making a determination about specific companies that you have an interest in, research and apply for their internship opportunities using their website.
- H1visajobs.com: The College of Engineering has purchased access to this website which lists companies who have sponsored F1 International students. Requests for access to this site can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.