Fall 2017 Commencement
Saturday, December 16
College Park Center
BE SURE TO CHECK YOUR JUNK/CLUTTER EMAIL FOLDER REGULARLY TO MAKE SURE YOU DO NOT MISS IMPORTANT EMAILS REGARDING GRADUATION AND COMMENCEMENT!
Important Dates to Remember*:
~ June 7: Deadline to apply to graduate on MyMav for Summer semester
~ September 9: Deadline to apply to graduate on MyMav for Fall semester
~ October 7: Late Deadline to apply to graduate on MyMav (additional fee is assessed)
~ November 15: Deadline to register at www.uta.edu/engineering/commencement
~ November 20: Grads will receive an email from University Communications about how to obtain tickets
TBD (10 am) - TBD (noon): Ticket Offer 1 available
TBD (10 am) - TBD (noon): Ticket Offer 2 available
TBD (10 am) - TBD (noon): Ticket Offer 3 available
*Dates are subject to change. Check this page for updates.
IF YOU HAVE MISSED THE DEADLINE TO APPLY TO GRADUATE, FOLLOW THESE STEPS:
- Apply for graduation in the next available semester on MyMav
- Meet with Departmental Advisor/Admin to request moving graduation back one semester
- If approved, your advisor will need to email Dr. Lynn Peterson to request approval of the student’s request
- If Dr. Peterson approves your request, she will notify the registrar
- The Registrar will then manually update the graduation application to the semester requested and email student (and copy advisor/admin, Dr. Peterson) to let them know the status
- Once approved, you will need to register to participate in Commencement by the deadline
UTA wants to see your graduation journey! Use #MavGrad2016 to share on all social media channels from now until graduation.
Grad Cap Contest
Starting in October, students can submit photos of their designed/decorated grad cap by using #MavGrad2017 AND tagging UTA on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. Submissions are due by May 6.
THE CEREMONY WILL BE LIVE STREAMED AT THE WEBSITE BELOW:
FUTURE COMMENCEMENT DATES:
Director of Marketing Services
College of Engineering