The student program council—EXCEL Campus Activities—exists to enrich student life and student engagement on campus by offering a wide variety of student-coordinated events and activities throughout the year. These include artistic and entertainment performances, cultural and educational programs, social, and traditional programs that have broad appeal to the student community.
Any student in good standing is eligible to apply for membership. Members of EXCEL have the power to determine which events that the organization will sponsor on campus. It is their vote and work that shapes a significant piece of student life at UT Arlington. They’re also among the most active and productive students you’ll find on campus, working with the professional staff of Student Activities to transform ideas into full-scale, professional campus events and activities.
- Campus Traditions. Of all the traditional events that EXCEL plans on an annual basis, the Bed Races have been a signature tradition for over three decades. Yes, just as the name suggests, there really are racing beds on wheels on which various student groups compete against one another.
- Live Music. Some of recent acts have included Drake, Rihanna, OK Go, B.o.B., Phantom Planet and The Red Jumpsuit Apparatus. Live music performances range from local bands that play in the UC to national headlining artists that play to crowds in the campus larger venues. Students who have bands themselves are encouraged to compete in the Battle of the Bands!
- Comedy. Ever heard of folks like Carlos Mencia, Charlie Murphy, Gabriel Iglesias, and Anjelah Johnson? We’ve had all of them perform on campus and hosted a variety of other very funny folks. The acts range from free series “One Mic Stand” comics to big-name comics you’ve seen on TV.
- Arts and Culture. Performances of theatrical productions and student-created public art displays showcase the ways. Open mic events in the University Center draw crowds as students wait to see one-another’s talent.
Read more about our history and mission.
- Maverick Musical
Thursday, Apr 2, 6:00 pm — Rosebud Theatre, University Center
- So Long Solo (Afternoon Variety Showcase)
Wednesday, Apr 8, 11:00 am — Palo Duro Lounge (University Center)
- Interstellar (Friday Night Film)
Friday, Apr 10, 8:00 pm — Rosebud Theatre, University Center
- Sheng Wang (One Mic Stand Comedy Series)
Tuesday, Apr 14, 7:00 pm — Bluebonnet Ballroom, University Center
- Block Party
Thursday, Apr 16, 7:00 pm — Library Mall
We welcome members who have a diversity of interests, talents, and who represent the various majors and disciplines from across campus.