Skip to content. Skip to main navigation.


Q: I was not offered my preferred residence hall choice. What can I do?

A: The assignment priorities of the Housing Office are first to offer you a bed space on campus and second to try to accommodate room type and hall preferences as noted on your application. As reservations are confirmed, housing options may become more limited. In this instance, we may be unable to accommodate your top choices, and your options are as noted below.

Option 1: Accept the assignment and plan to move into the room offered. Many students discover that after they move in and meet other students in their community, they develop a sense of belonging and become increasingly satisfied with their campus accommodations. If desired, the student can request a room/hall/room type change on “Opening Day,” January 11, 2013. In this instance, the following conditions apply.

  • On campus residents must fill out a Room/Hall/Room Type Change Request in either the Housing Office or their Hall Office on Opening Day.
  • Priority for bed spaces which become available after the residence halls open will be given first to students who don’t live on campus.
  • Room and hall changes will not be made prior to Opening Day and for the first two weeks of classes.
  • Room and hall change requests will begin to be reviewed on January 28, 2013. There is no guarantee that requested changes will be approved.
  • Room and hall changes are approved based on the date and time the room/hall request was made and the availability of rooms requested.
  • It is important to note that it could be September or later before a space becomes available.
  • If there is a problem with a roommate or suitemate, residents are encouraged to speak with their resident assistant and also fill out a roommate agreement form.

Option 2: Decline the assignment and request an available space on “No Show Day” which is the first day of classes for the semester. This may be a good option for applicants who live within commuting distance to the campus, and are willing to commute for some period of time before a room may become available. The following conditions apply for students who request campus housing on “No Show Day,” January 14, 2013.

  • Rooms will become available on the first day of classes for each semester because some students will have their contracts cancelled for failure to check into the residence hall by the required time.
  • Priority for bed spaces which become available after opening will be given first to students who don’t live on campus.
  • To apply for an available bed space, you may not be a campus resident and must come into the Housing Office on the first day of classes between 8 am and 11 am. In addition, you will need to return to the you will need to check your UTA email address after 1 p.m. to check if you have been assigned available housing.
  • Priority for assignment of available bed spaces will be established by students’ initial application dates. However, if you do not arrive in the Housing Office until after 11 a.m. on the first day of classes, your priority for assignment shall be based on the current date and time.
  • Contract offers for assigned students shall be available online by1 pm on the first day of classes. Notification of a contract offer will be sent to the student’s UTA email address. Students who have accepted a contract and paid the appropriate fees will need to return to the Housing office on Tuesday, January 15, 2013 to acquire the necessary paper work to move into the halls.
  • Students not offered a space on the first day of classes may check with the Housing Office daily by calling, coming in, or emailing.
  • As bed spaces open up, a Leasing Consultant will call and email an offer.
Option 3: Decline the assignment and apply for Centennial Court. Centennial Court Apartments are privately-owned and managed, but are located on the campus. You should check space availability by calling 817-436-4800 before declining your UT Arlington residence hall assignment.

Option 4: If an offer is declined and the contract is cancelled, the contract can be reinstated for the same hall. In order for a contract to be reinstated students must email a request to Reinstatement is based upon availably of space and is not guaranteed. The student’s new priority date will be based on the date that the request was sent.


Q:    What type of documents will be accepted as proof that I have been vaccinated against bacterial meningitis?

A:   Please visit the following website for detalied information:

Q:    How do I submit records proving that I have received the meningococcal meningitis immunization by the mandated deadline?

A:       Please visit the following website for detalied information:

If you have further questions please feel free to call us at 817-272-2791 or email us at

Brazos House



As the smallest of the five residence halls, housing 96 residents (47 men and 49 women), Brazos is a historic landmark to our campus and is known for its sociable and family-like environment. Residents living in Brazos return year after year, giving the hall the highest return rate. Brazos residents as far back as the 1940s still drop by to visit the “55-room mansion.”

Brazos House