Dwindling and limited water resources, increasing susceptibility to hydrologic, hydrometeorological and hydroclimatological extremes, and climate variability and change demand more accurate and reliable water information and put increasingly higher premium on actionable predictive water information.
HWRL focuses on integrated hydrologic prediction and water resources information research for sustainable and resilient management and planning of water resources and hazards.
- High-resolution flash flood forecasting
- Data assimilation for water quality forecasting
- Hydrologic ensemble forecasting
- Hydrologic information system
- Design storm analysis
- Hydrologic Trends and Variability of Streamflows