- Aerospace Engineering – make aerodynamic paper airplanes!
- Bioengineering - watch someone get nervous
- Civil Engineering – visit the road UTA has in the basement
- Computer Science Engineering – what are “smart” machines?
- Electrical Engineering – looking at the range from internet to iPods
- Industrial and Manufacturing Systems Engineering - a demonstration with Legos?!
- Material Science Engineering – look through the electron microscope at huge bugs!
- Mechanical Engineering – interact with the M&M robot :)
- Chemistry - set things on fire
- Physics - freeze ice cream or launch toys
How to Apply
Each year we have more student applications than we have space for in our camps. Therefore it is extremely important that you get your application in as early as possible and that the application packet is complete with all the requested material. Please submit your application by April 15th.
Cost to attend this 5-day camp: $250.00 (Scholarships are available.)
Applications are not yet available.
Frequently Asked Questions
Where can I find more info about UT Arlington summer camps?
- For ALL Engineering Summer Program camps go to http://uta.engineering/summer
- For ALL OTHER camps go to http://www.uta.edu/uta/academics/youth.php
Please describe the process by which a student is accepted to camp?
The process that we use to accept students is that we evaluate each application to determine if the student will be a good fit for our camp and then for those that we feel will work well, we accept them in the order they applied. When we review applications we look at all the material that is submitted - transcripts, student answers to the questions, teacher evaluation, and student activities. Based on our assessment of this material we decide if that student will be a good fit for our program and whether the student will get a positive experience from it. In particular, not every student will appreciate our structure, the large size of the group of students, and the fact that they will be interacting with many students they don't know among other issues.
How can I help my student be accepted to summer camp?
Return the application materials with all supporting documentation as soon as possible.
Is there a waiting list?
Each year, we receive more applications than we have space in each camp; so those students who do not initially get accepted are placed on the waiting list. After letters of acceptance and registration packets are sent out, if a spot comes available due to a cancellation, we will reference our waiting list. Unfortunately, we can never predict if or when a spot will open up. We realize that this may cause some inconvenience, but we do our best to notify students and parents as soon as we can.
How do I apply for a scholarship?
There are two steps to the camp scholarship process:
- Send in the camper’s complete camp application documents (no money is required at this point) along with a letter explaining the financial need for applying for a scholarship.
- Once we review applications we will notify accepted students and the amount of scholarship awarded (full, partial or none).
Are parents required to attend the orientation session?
YES, at least one parent or guardian is required to attend this presentation which will describe the camp program and coming week’s activities.
Should I send my payment to reserve a spot?
NO! Please wait until you hear if your student has been accepted. We cannot accept responsibility for money/checks/money orders, etc., that are included with the application.