Information about No-Show Day
No-Show Day noun \ˈnō-ˌshō, dā\
: Always occurs on the first day of class each semester.
: Someone who is expected to move in but does not arrive or appear. This person's reservation is given to a new student on the No-Show Day Wait List.
No-Show Day Wait List
: Process of reducing the large waitlist to only include students whom need accommodations.
: The master waitlist is purged with only students completing the form (below) to ensure utmost efficiency.
: Removal of student applications who have found accommodations elsewhere for the academic year but still occupy a space on the wait list.
No-Show Day is on the first day of classes each semester and is our way to identify students still desiring accommodations in University Housing residence halls. Students who have applied for housing but were not offered a contract for a residence hall room are encouraged to participate, otherwise their housing application will be cancelled. Students who participate in No-Show Day complete the online form below to express their continued desire to live on campus for the upcoming semester. This ensures only those on the new No-Show Day wait list have not found accommodations elsewhere. Rooms are assigned as they become available due to other students cancelling their contract, moving out, or not moving in. In Fall 2013, most students that participated in the first day of No-Show Day were eventually offered a contract for housing and able to move into the residence hall the first week of class.
The following information will provide additional details and on the process:
- You must have completed the AY 2014-2015 residence hall application online at www.uta.edu/housing/apply.
- Priority for assignments is based on initial date of application if this form is completed prior to 11 a.m. August 20, 2014. Otherwise, it is based on the date and time this form is submitted.
- University Housing will begin to offer contracts via email after 1 p.m. August 20, 2014.
- If you are assigned a space, an email will be sent to your UTA email address with instructions on how to accept the contract and make your first payment(s).
- You MUST pay the $150 deposit online when you accept and sign your contract as well as your first housing installment (see chart below) and if assigned to Arlington, Vandergriff, or KC Hall your first installment of your meal plan before you can move in to the Halls.
- If you do not accept and sign the contract and pay the deposit by 8 a.m. the following business day, your offer will be cancelled and the space will be offered to another student on the waitlist.
- When selecting a meal plan, you will be required to pay the first installment of the meal plan before you can move into the hall.
- Any first-time students who plan to live on campus must comply with the meningitis vaccination requirements at least 10 days prior to move in. For more information on the meningitis vaccination requirements, go to www.uta.edu/vaccination. If your move in is delayed for failure to comply with this please note that you are still responsible for the financial obligations of the contract.
Academic Year 2014-2015 Room Rates
|Brazos House (Double)||$243.39||$278.16||Optional|
|Brazos House (Private)||$413.91||$473.04||Optional|
|Lipscomb North (Double)||$267.33||$305.52||Optional|
|Lipscomb North (Private)||$454.65||$519.60||Optional|
|Lipscomb South (Double)||$273.00||$312.00||Optional|
|Lipscomb South (Private)||$464.10||$530.40||Optional|
|Trinity House (Double)||$267.33||$305.52||Optional|
|Trinity House (Private)||$454.65||$473.04||Optional|
If you are not assigned a room on No-Show Day, you will be placed on a waitlist. The waitlist will be discarded after everyone has been offered a room or is no longer interested. After this list is depleted, all assignments will be made first-come, first-serve. Occasionally, students move out within the next few weeks, which increase our opportunities to get new students into the halls.
Apply for Centennial Court. Centennial Court Apartments are privately-owned and managed, but are located on campus. You may apply for Centennial Court online at http://www.campushousing.com/uta. Availability is based on first-come, first-served basis, and you should consider applying to solidify your on-campus accommodations prior to the fall semester. If you choose this option, you should apply without delay as spaces are going fast. In addition, you should check space availability by calling 817-436-4800 before cancelling your residence hall application.
To ensure only students that still desire housing join the No-Show wait list, the online form below will only be open from 6:00 p.m. on Wednesday, August 20 through 11:00 a.m. on Thursday, August 21.