Information about No-Show Day
The form will open at 6:00 pm on the night before the first day of classes.
Click START FORM below to get on the No-Show Day Wait List.
If you have applied for any of our six residence halls but have not received an offer but need housing for this Fall semester, No-Show Day is for you! What is No-Show Day you ask...
: The process of reducing the large waitlist to only include students whom need accommodations.
: The master waitlist is purged with only students completing the form (below) to ensure utmost efficiency.
: Removal of student applications who have found accommodations elsewhere for the academic year but still occupy a space on the wait list.
Demand for University Housing is pretty high, especially this time of year. This usually makes us “sell out” of rooms during the summer. We then keep you on a waiting list based on your preference and when you applied. But being on a wait list doesn't mean you still won't be offered housing.
Throughout the rest of the summer, some students who have a housing contract decide not to be a Maverick and cancel their contract. We will offer these rooms as soon as they’re available to the next person on the wait list.
We also know that some of the students with contracts will not tell us they won’t be a Maverick, and we find out when they don’t move in. We call these students “No-Shows”. They have until 5 p.m. on the night before classes to check-in to the hall; otherwise they are considered a No-show.
Starting on the first day of classes, No-Show spaces are offered to our wait list as space becomes available. Some of our wait list students have found alternative housing with friends, family, or in our apartments and no longer want a residence hall. To weed these students out and push your name closer to the top, we have a form you fill out to tell us you are still interested in housing.
To ensure only those students who need housing are on the wait list, we only activate the form below from 6 p.m. to noon on the first day of classes (August 28).
So if you still need housing on August 28, come back to this page and fill out the form below. For the past two years, every student that submitted the form was eventually offered a bed in one of our six residence halls.
The following information will provide additional details on the No-Show day process:
- If you are assigned a space, an email will be sent to your UTA email address with instructions on how to accept the contract and make your first payment(s).
- You MUST pay the $150 deposit online when you accept and sign your contract as well as your first housing installment (see chart below) and if assigned to Arlington, Vandergriff, or KC Hall your first installment of your meal plan before you can move in to the Halls.
- If you do not accept and sign the contract and pay the deposit by 8 a.m. the following business day, your offer will be cancelled and the space will be offered to another student on the waitlist.
- When selecting a meal plan, you will be required to pay the first installment of the meal plan before you can move into the hall.
- Any first-time students who plan to live on campus must comply with the meningitis vaccination requirements at least 10 days prior to move in. For more information on the meningitis vaccination requirements, go to www.uta.edu/vaccination. If your move in is delayed for failure to comply with this please note that you are still responsible for the financial obligations of the contract.
Academic Year 2015-2016 Room Rates
|Brazos House (Double)||$253.05||$289.20||Optional|
|Brazos House (Private)||$432.60||$494.40||Optional|
|Lipscomb North (Double)||$277.83||$317.52||Optional|
|Lipscomb North (Private)||$474.81||$542.64||Optional|
|Lipscomb South (Double)||$283.50||$324.00||Optional|
|Lipscomb South (Private)||$484.26||$553.44||Optional|
|Trinity House (Double)||$277.83||$317.52||Optional|
|Trinity House (Private)||$474.81||$542.64||Optional|
If you are not assigned a room on No-Show Day, you will be placed on a waitlist. The waitlist will be discarded after everyone has been offered a room or is no longer interested. After this list is depleted, all assignments will be made first-come, first-serve. Occasionally, students move out within the next few weeks, which increase our opportunities to get new students into the halls. Also, vacancies do become available throughout the semester so check back with us often if you find temporary accommodations and still desire a bed in University Housing.