Information About No-Show Day
The form will open at 5:00 pm on August 24th.
Click START FORM below to get on the No-Show Day Waitlist.
Demand for University residence halls is high. Typically we “sell out” of rooms during the summer, but contract cancellations will continue to make some spaces available. If you have not been offered a contract as we reach capacity, you will remain on the assignment list based on your application date and preferences. But being on a waitlist doesn't mean you still won't be offered housing.
Throughout the summer, some students who have housing contracts decide to cancel their contracts. We offer these rooms as soon as they’re available to the next person on the waitlist. In addition, some students with contracts will not tell us to cancel their contract, and we find out when they don’t move in. Students have until 5 p.m. on the night before classes to check-in to the hall; otherwise they are considered a “No-Show”
Students who have requested a residence hall space but have not received a contract prior to the start of fall classes are encouraged to participate in No-Show Day. No-Show Day occurs on the first day of classes as a result of students who cancel their contracts at the last minute or fail to move in as required. University Housing then make these beds available to applicants on the No-Show Day waitlist.
To apply for an available bed space, residence hall applicants without a contract must fill out the online No-Show Day Form. Form submissions will be accepted beginning at 5:00 p.m. Wednesday, August 24, 2016 through 11:00 a.m. Thursday, August 25, 2016.
If you are assigned a space on No-Show Day, you will be notified by email after 1 p.m. on August 25. If you do not accept and sign the contract and pay the deposit by 8 a.m. the following business day, your offer will be cancelled and the space will be offered to another student on the waitlist.
The following information will provide additional details on the No-Show Day process:
- If you are assigned a space, an email will be sent to your UTA email address with instructions on how to accept the contract and make your first payment(s).
- You MUST pay the $150 deposit online when you accept and sign your contract as well as your first housing installment (see chart below) and if assigned to Arlington, Vandergriff, or KC Hall your first installment of your meal plan before you can move in to the Halls.
- If you do not accept and sign the contract and pay the deposit by 8 a.m. the following business day, your offer will be cancelled and the space will be offered to another student on the waitlist.
- When selecting a meal plan, you will be required to pay the first installment of the meal plan before you can move into the hall.
- Any first-time students who plan to live on campus must comply with the meningitis vaccination requirements at least 10 days prior to move in. For more information on the meningitis vaccination requirements, go to www.uta.edu/vaccination. If your move in is delayed for failure to comply with this requirement, please note that you are still responsible for the financial obligations of the contract.
- You must be enrolled full-time to be offered a contract.
Academic Year 2016-2017 Room Rates
|Brazos House (Double)||$270.90||$309.60||Optional|
|Brazos House (Private)||$450.45||$514.80||Optional|
|Lipscomb North (Double)||$299.04||$341.76||Optional|
|Lipscomb North (Private)||$499.80||$571.20||Optional|
|Lipscomb South (Double)||$299.04||$341.76||Optional|
|Lipscomb South (Private)||$499.80||$571.20||Optional|
|Trinity House (Double)||$299.04||$341.76||Optional|
|Trinity House (Private)||$499.80||$571.20||Optional|
Additional Information On The No-Show Day Waitlist
- Priority for assignment of applicants on the No-Show Day Waitlist will be based on initial date of residence hall application if the No-Show Day form is completed prior to noon on August 25; otherwise priority is based on the date and time the No-Show Day form is submitted.
- If you are not assigned a room on No-Show Day, you will remain on the No-Show Day waitlist for space which become available at a later date.
- The No-Show Day Waitlist will be discarded after everyone has been offered a space or is no longer interested. After this waitlist is depleted, all assignments will be made first-come, first-serve.
- Our priority is to find you an accommodation on campus that meets your needs based on space availability, but we cannot guarantee to meet your preferences. We only make one offer to students on the no-show waitlist before we move to the next person.
- Occasionally, students move out and vacancies become available throughout the semester, so check back often if you have temporary accommodations and still desire a bed in University Housing.
- Mid-semester move-ins, and room or building changes are permitted as space is available.