1. What are the requirements for a philosophy degree according to the 2011-2012 catalogue?
2. How can I monitor my progress toward my degree?
3. When should I discuss my progress toward my degree with the departmental advisor?
4. How do I withdraw from a class after the drop/add period?
**U.T. Arlington’s policy on Ws pursuant to SB1231 passed by the Texas Legislature: “Effective immediately, all students admitted to UTA prior to Fall 2007 and transfer students admitted who began their college work prior to Fall 2007 will not have a limit on the number of drops throughout their academic career. Freshman, defined as a student who enrolls in a public institution of higher education as a first-time freshman in Fall 2007 or later will be limited to six dropped courses during the course of their academic career. This applies to UTA course work and course work completed at other Texas public institutions.”
5. When do I apply for graduation?
6. How do I register using My Mav?
7. I have not yet been accepted into the philosophy program, and my major is currently listed as “Philosophy Intended”. How do I become a full major?
8. I don’t understand the different categories of academic standing. What is the difference between warning, probation, continuance, and dismissal?
9. What is grade exclusion? Am I eligible? How do I apply?
10. How do I arrange to receive credit from AP exams, and how do my scores correlate with hours earned?
11. What is the UT Arlington equivalency of courses I am transferring from another college?
12. Why aren't my relevant transfer courses allocated toward the core curriculum requirements on the UMAP?
Department of Philosophy and Humanities
© 2014 - The University of Texas at Arlington