Maverick Theatre Company
UTA Maverick Theatre Company professors are global! Check out Dr. Anne Healy's schudule this summer!
Assistant Professor Dr. Anne Healy travels to Finland to present the paper "All on Broadway: Ali is Buck White" at the "Ali in Un/Expected Spaces Symposium". After her presentation, she will travel to Paris, France to attend the Paris Fringe Festival and conduct a masterclass for American Musical Theatre Live! Paris, a French non-profit organization. Dr. Healy will continue her work in the archives on sire in Rome and Florence to conduct research into a new musical on the life of sculptor Gian Lorenzo Bernini. Later, Dr. Healy will present the paper "Music form America's Melting Pot: Songwriter Irving Berlin's musical response to the convergence of societal diversity at the trun of the 20th century" the Song, Stage and Screen XII conference at the University of Guildford, UK. Finally, Dr. Healy will be attending the ATHE conference in Las Vegas, Nevada in August and will be presenting the paper "Technologyt and Spiderman: Taymor & Co. Turn Off the Dark", as well as serve as the assistant director for a staged reading of the full-length play THE CENSOR by David L. Williams for the ATHE Award in Excellence in Playwriting.
- Alum Winston Daniels will be playing Jim conley in PARADE at WaterTower Theatre in Dallas
- Alum Andrew Davila is working for the Alvin Ailey Dance Company in the lighting department
- Lecturer, Laurel Whitsett, recently performed at Stagewest In Fort Worth in STUPID F*CKING BIRD by Aaron Posner
Several faculty members attended the TETA in Galveston
- Felicia Bertch led 4 workshops including Shakespeare, Physical Theatre, and Commedia to many excited students!
- Prof Andrew Gaupp won the GRAND PRIZE which was $5000 worth of equipment from vendors at the conference! The Department is now the proud owners of some wireless microphones!