Higher education pays off—allowing you to make more money as you achieve professional goals. That’s why it’s worth it to check out scholarships, work-study options, and loans to help finance this important step.
Devise your plan and get schooled on paying for college.
Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- NEW EDITION | FAFSA: The How-To Guide for High School Students (2016 Edition)
- Learn how financial aid is determined
- Fill out the FAFSA
- Understanding FAFSA: A How-To Guide for High School Students (And the Adults Who Help Them)
- Search for scholarships at Scholarships.com
- Fastweb scholarship search
- College Board scholarship search
- Guide to Scholarships for New Americans and Minorities
- College Scholarships for Women
- Scholarship America Free E-Book: Scholarships Beyond Freshman Year
- Scholarships for Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math (STEM) Majors
Selected Scholarship Programs
Abbott and Fenner Scholarship, Adelante! Fund, Alley Scholars, Association for Women Geoscientists Minority Scholarship, Bruce Lee Foundation, Children's Defense Fund, Coca-Cola Scholarship, Dell Scholarships, Do Something Scholarships, Delete Cyberbullying Scholarship, Dr. Pepper Tuition Giveaway, Dream.us Scholarship for Dreamers, ExxonMobil/LNESC Scholarship, Ford Blue Oval Scholars, Friends of Wednesday's Child, Glade Technical Institute, Go Red Multicultural Scholarship, Great Lakes National Scholarship, Hispanic Association of Colleges and Universities, Hispanic Scholarship Consortium, Hispanic Scholarship Fund, ¡Lánzate! Travel Award Program, League of United Latin American Citizens (LULAC), MassMutual Scholars Program, National Association of Black Accountants, National Society of Hispanic MBAs, Naval Reserve Officers Training Corps, Navigate Your Future Scholarship, RMHC/HACER Scholarship, Scholarship America, Scholarships for Undocumented Students, Texas Assocation for Bilingual Education (TABE), US Hispanic Leadership Institute (USHLI), UT Arlington Terry Foundation, Women’s Alliance of the Arlington Chamber of Commerce
Scholarship Information at Partner Colleges and Universities
Austin College, Dallas Christian College, Dallas County Community College, Midwestern State U, Northwood U, Southern Methodist U, Strayer U, Tarleton State U, Tarrant County Community College, Texas A&M, Texas A&M Commerce, Texas Tech, Texas Wesleyan U, Texas Woman's U, U of Arkansas College of Engineering, UNT, UNT Dallas, U of Oklahoma, UT Arlington, UT Austin, UT Dallas
UT Arlington Scholarships
Other Types of Financial Aid
- Educate yourself on the various forms of financial aid available to Texas students.
- How immigrants without legal status can pay for college
- If you are a foreign student or non-citizen, you may be eligible to be classified as a Texas resident for tuition purposes. Learn more with these videos: TASFA in English | TASFA en Espanol.
- The TEA teacher shortage areas, such as bilingual/English as a second language and computer science, give teachers loan forgiveness opportunities.
- Congressional Hispanic Caucus Institute: Guide to Applying for Financial Aid and Scholarships
- Texas Financial Aid Information Center
- Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) Quick Facts
- Guide to Managing Your Money Banking, Credit, Homebuying