Undergraduate Nursing Advising for Pre-Licensure Programs
These advisors work with those who are not yet RNs. Are you an undergraduate in the RN-BSN or RN-MSN programs? Your advising information is on this page: Undergraduate Nursing Advising for Post-Licensure Programs.
Note About Advising Procedures: All students are expected to review and understand the advising procedures published on this page. Click or tap here to jump to the Advising Procedures and Requirements.
Please use the TimeTrade links below to directly book your appointment with your advisor. You may see any advisor you wish, subject to their availability and schedule.
Click or Tap to Schedule
|Email for All Pre-Licensure BSN Nursing Advisors: email@example.com
|Ms. Serina Davenport||In-Person||Phone Call||Virtual Appointment|
|Ms. Corey Foster||In-Person||Phone Call||Virtual Appointment|
|Ms. Lynne Kinnan||In-Person||Phone Call||Virtual Appointment|
|Ms. Betsy Parchem||In-Person||Phone Call||Virtual Appointment|
|Ms. Katy Pedone||In-Person||Phone Call||Virtual Appointment|
|Ms. Moonsun Reinaas||In-Person||Phone Call||Virtual Appointment|
|Ms. Jordan Young||In-Person||Phone Call||Virtual Appointment|
Students in the campus-based BSN program are required to meet in person with an advisor once a semester.
Students in the accelerated online BSN program are not required to meet regularly with an advisor. Once admitted to UT Arlington, students in the accelerated online program are provided with a course evaluation by a College of Nursing and Health Innovation advisor. Unlike the on-campus program, there is not a registration hold each semester that requires students to meet with their advisor. Students may plan their coursework using the course evaluation provided by the advisor and proceed to registration. Students are encouraged to contact their advisor with any questions. Information related to required courses, registration, academic standing and applying to the nursing program is provided when students are first contacted by an advisor. It is imperative that students read and keep this information for future reference. Most advising is handled via e-mail. However, students may schedule a phone or face-to-face appointment with an advisor by clicking the below TimeTrade scheduling link for their assigned academic advisor.
Are you an undergraduate in the RN-BSN or RN-MSN programs? Your advising information is on this page: Undergraduate Nursing Advising for Post-Licensure Programs.
Who Is My Advisor?
Students who have been admitted to pre-nursing or upper-division nursing: You will be advised by a CONHI advisor; refer to the table above to find your advisor.
Freshmen: Current freshmen and undeclared students with less than 45 hours are advised in the University Advising Center (UAC). Visit the UAC's website for more information about contacting and scheduling to meet with a UAC advisor.
Prospective students: prospective students may meet with an nursing advisor in person after making an appointment; see below for phone and email contacts for scheduling.
Meeting in person with your BSN Advisor
There are two options available to meet with your advisor:
- Schedule an Appointment - Call or Email to schedule: Schedule an Appointment by clicking the TimeTrade scheduling link for your assigned advisor. Please note: Students that do not show up or arrive more than 10 minutes late for two (2) or more appointments, will be required to meet with an advisor on Walk-In Wednesdays only.
- Walk-In Wednesday - Every Wednesday from 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. is a walk-in day where an appointment is not required. Current UT Arlington students (those students with a UT Arlington student ID number), pre-nursing, and nursing students can elect to attend advising on Walk-In-Wednesday without an appointment. Please make note of the following procedures for Walk-in Wednesday:
- Check-in begins at 8:00 a.m. in the CONHI Office of Enrollment and Student Services (the advising area) and closes when the last appointment of the day has been filled. You will need to sign in with your UTA ID number.
- Upon arrival, sign-in at the receptionist's window. After selecting a time slot, students are welcome to leave and return to the Office of Enrollment and Student Services (the advising area) ten minutes prior to their selected time to allow time to sign-in on the computer near the receptionist's window.
- Be on time! If you are not present at your scheduled time slot you will lose your chance to meet with an advisor.
- Students are seen on a first-come, first-served basis. Once capacity is reached for the day, Walk-In-Wednesday may be closed. Arrival prior to 3:00 p.m. does not guarantee you will be seen if capacity is reached before the designated closure time. Students are encouraged to sign in early to avoid having to return at a later date.
- Walk-in Months for UT Arlington students are available in August, November, January, and April. Prospective students are encouraged attend the Prospective Student Open House during those months. Please call 817-272-2776 for specific dates.
Before your appointment:
- Have a list of questions prepared to ask your advisor.
- Familiarize yourself with your program information, and your current progress in your program.
- If you have not viewed the Virtual Information Session, take some time to watch it here.
- Make arrangements to be on time to your advising appointment. Students who are more than ten minutes late will be rescheduled.