Writing Group Grant
Having a hard time finishing your thesis or dissertation? Looking for feedback on your writing style or content? If you decide to start your own writing group, you can apply for a Writing Group Grant. This grant would pay you to help us assess the benefits and challenges of writing groups.
Program Description and Requirements
The Office of Graduate Studies is offering a $200 Writing Group Grant for the Summer 2018 semester. Currently enrolled graduate students are eligible to apply for the grant. The deadline for proposals is Wednesday, May 16, 2018, at 11:59 p.m.
The proposal must address the following questions:
- Who are the members of your group? (Groups must have 3-5 members to be considered)
- How often will you meet?
- Where will you meet?
- What rules do you think are important to the productivity of your specific group?
- Why do you want to do this?
You must completely fill out the online application in order to be considered for the grant. Students who are receiving need based financial aid should consult with the financial aid office prior to submitting an application. Preference will be given to graduate students who are in the final stages of their graduate work.
The grant is awarded for one semester. If you are awarded the grant, you must meet the following requirements:
- Have your writing group complete a pre and post assessment survey
- Submit a brief monthly report
- Have your group submit informational data
- Meet with the Office of Graduate Studies once a month
For More Information
Attend a workshop to learn more:
Writing Group Grant Workshop April 25, 6:00-7:00 p.m. (online)
Click here to register for this event.
Questions? E-mail email@example.com