Windows XP Backup
System requirements: Windows
How to Use:
Store your important files in the My Documents folder. The desktop should be treated just like your real desk top -- for things that don't matter if they are lost.
If you use Windows XP Professional, you can use the built-in Backup utility to help you make copies of files, settings, or everything on your computer.
- Click on Start > Programs > Accessories > System Tools and select Backup.
- Click Next to skip past the opening page, choose Back up files and settings from the second page, and then click Next.
- Select the My documents and settings option.
- Choose to back up the data to an appropriately-sized external hard drive. A USB 2.0 drive is recommended.
- Click Next.
- Click Finish to end, or click Advanced to set a backup schedule (recommended).
By setting a schedule, you can ensure that you are saving current versions of your data.